1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bruce Resigns.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gordonthetoony, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Stand by for the announcement of Mrs Doubtfire'' appoint as he has now resigned from Sheffield Wednesday. Shown them a lot of loyalty,not.
    Definitely done with the club for now as everything they do is 2nd rate or worse.

YAJERK and Flash like this.
  2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Oh FFS.

Was hoping there might be some finally twist and he'd either stick with Wednesday or we'd have the sense to aim higher.

Another desperate gormless duffer journeyman to add to Ashley's ever growing list of Pardew, McClaren, Kinnear blah blah

3. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

he probably resigned because his compo to Sheff Wed will not be much compared to what they were holding us to ransom for

I forgot to say

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OddRiverOakWizards and YAJERK like this.
  4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

So no doubt this will now get messy with the league becoming involved.

5. Toon_man_sam2

Toon_man_sam2 New Member

I wonder how long his notice period is. At Palace it was nine months and Simon Jordan put his footdown and too him to court, an inital judgement stated he had to work his notice period. However a compo deal was agreed and Jordan allowed him to leave.

Just because Bruce has tendered his resignation, doesnt mean S Weds need to accep it. They could make him work his notice and let him leave on a free, or alternatively seek evidence that he has resigned under instruction of Lee Charnely and Ashley(presuming this exists), that would turn the situation on it's head.

6. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He's a snake

Flash likes this.
  7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Hope SWFC put there foot down here and force him to take leave until the end of his contract. We are so seriously ****ed if we get Bruce in.

No Rondon, no Perez, Dubravka supposedly unsettled, Schar being looked at by European Clubs, Longstaff wanted by Man U! I said the other day if we lose 2/3 more of the current squad it doesn't matter who comes in to replace them we will go down.

Almost inevitable now, fan's need to take a stand one way or another, trash the ground and get into the personal space of the clowns - I am not inciting violence but if it happened.... or not going to games, not buying merch, not tuning into the games etc - turning up and "supporting the team not the regime" is no longer an option!

8. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

So we can use the "Bruce resigns" thread header again by when? Xmas, Easter, next summer?

cronemeister likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

Fairly dramatic and militant <laugh>

Welshie likes this.
  10. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

As a voice from the turd division, I may not know much...

But Fat Cashley losing the Fat Spanish Waiter ( a proven class manager) and bringing in Fat Heed ( a proven useless manager)
    Is something he may regret... Brucie did buy a few good players but this was far outweighed by the many duds.

Of course as 'he is coming home' he may be a success but more likely a total failure..

He may gave been a good CB for Manure.. but never in a million years would he be their manager

Mind I also read Fat Sam was asked.. ho ho

Flash likes this.

11. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Well at least now Slave Bruce is in we can start buying all two of the players we're after this window

12. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

If you want rid of ashley. Going down and staying down is the only way. Its clear he wont sell unless its a crazy amount i.e. 500 million etc. What incentive have we to stay up under the current regime?

leez likes this.
  13. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

This may be true but still no reason to actual support the club in any way what so ever!

If you go to games it's your choice and I respect it - my choice is to call you a Ashley sympathizing **** who is as bad as the FCB himself AND YOU WILL RESPECT MY CHOICE!

14. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I'll reserve judgement on his actual performance as our manager until he's actually performed as our manager. Guys need to calm down on the hysterics.

As it stands his record is... fine. It's mostly positive with him completing the goals set out for him. Sunderland whine but they did also randomly sell his best players if I recall correctly, dunno what they have to complain about. They had plenty of managers before they got relegated, none of them stopped the rot.

I was much more terrified and shook when we hired Schteve than I am for this, the fact the fans reacted positively to McClaren and are crying about Bruce baffles me. Schteve was a ****ing awful decision everyone knew it except for us fans aparently.

JakartaToon likes this.
  15. Welshie

Pass me an AK47 and a bomb strap I'm going to force an ownership change.

G4rdToonArmy and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  16. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

According to reports we've actually agreed to pay £4million compensation for Bruce + more for his assistants.

17. Warmir Pouchov

People talk about Bruce's record etc etc. I don't think he has that bad a record. He has had an ok managerial career.

My problem is he is ****ing archaic and hasn't moved with the times. His teams generally play ****e football. Obviously I was big critic of Rafa in this regard, very defensive manager and tough to watch a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong, he was no where near as bad as someone like Fat Sam in terms of terrible football but it wasn't a good watch.

If you took away all the ownership issues etc, I would just like to see us appoint a modern manager, playing modern football. Something that gets fans enjoyment up. Football isn't all about winning as a supporter. Its mainly about enjoyment. Of course some enjoyment comes from winning, but I've seen Newcastle lose games we've played really well in and still enjoyed the game.

18. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Modern manager and modern football - probably harder to attract and achieve on Mike's restricted transfer budgets.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  19. Welshie

Agreed. I was super excited about Gerrard being linked to the job, man he got Rangers playing some good stuff at times. He would also have been my target would I be the owner.

I'm disappointed, we all are, but I'm not about to cry myself to sleep tonight without a ball kicked.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Bruce <laugh>

What happened to Mbappe?