1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bruce Resigns.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gordonthetoony, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Lol I'm glad the Chinese league shares Rafa's vision. <laugh> What did they promise him? Guaranteed champions league in a second life?

Welcome Steve Bruce, here's hoping you're a success and we can have a steady run in the premier league.

Oh wait, I mean, **** that bastard were ****ed

2. missingno

missingno Active Member

Ashley, Bruce or Diame?

3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Problem is, there is a Merry go round of managers who float between the bottom. 6 of prem and top half of championship.

All thaf hat happens is they get appointed and number of things happen

1. They get relegated and get sacked and another one of managers gets a go at bringing them up.
    2. They are sacked while club fights relegation and one of the group of 5/6 managers is appointed. They then stay up only for number 2 to happen again next season, or they go down and get 1 go to come back up, before getting sacked part way through season as team isn’t winning the league.

Repeat for about 6/7 clubs with the same bunch of managers. Bruce, pardew, hodgson, alladyce, houghton, warnock...

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We’re ****ed

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Reported!

How ducking dare you say these horrible words!

6. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

He's resigned already?
    The ****'s only been in charge for half an hour.
    RESPECT.

7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only incentive, at least for next season, will be at least one more year of Warm Glow material.

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  8. missingno

missingno Active Member

They’ll provide plenty of ammo. No worries

JakartaToon likes this.
  9. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

*A joint statement from @AshleyOutdotcom, @TheMagpieGroup_, @IfRafaGoesWeGo, @EmptyForAshley, @NUFC360, @LondonMagpies, @Mike_Ashley_Out, @MaintainSjp, @NWestMagpies & @NUFCblogcouk*

‘Group statement

‘Nine Newcastle United supporter groups, which are calling on fans to boycott the club’s first game of the season, against Arsenal – have issued a joint statement in response to the appointment of Steve Bruce as manager.

‘Steve Bruce is an unambitious appointment by an unambitious owner. To go from a world-class manager in Rafa Benitez, who brought stability and unity to the club to Steve Bruce – who frankly wouldn’t get a job at any other Premier League side right now – in the space of six weeks is beyond disappointing.

‘Most Premier League clubs look to the continent or lower divisions for young, promising, forward-thinking managers in the mould of Pochettino, Gracia and Santo – who bring a new brand of football to a highly-competitive league. In Bruce, Mike Ashley has opted for a manager who has been relegated from the league numerous times – he isn’t even a safe pair of hands.
    ‘Bruce’s appointment is testament to Ashley’s continued mismanagement of Newcastle United Football Club, which has been the hallmark of his tenure.

‘It’s now time for him to sell the club to a party that genuinely wants to take the club forward.’

leez likes this.
  10. missingno

missingno Active Member

They’re only going to stiffen his resolve

Flash likes this.

11. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Wonder what would happen if we turn up and hump Arsenal 4-0? Very unlikely but it would be interesting to see the response.

This boycott stuff just winds me up. I'm not gonna bang on about whether it's right or wrong as everybody has their own opinion and is entitled to do whatever they feel appropriate for them. I personally think it's a complete waste of time and serves no purpose, but again that is just my opinion. Ashley won't care, he will have season ticket money already from the fans and he'll still get the TV money regardless of whether or not the fans turn up.

To me it sends the wrong message out to potential players/owners and any future managers we may look at bringing in further down the track. It's not gonna cost him £20m-£30m or £50m if we don't show up, even if it did he could just sell some players to cover it, I honestly wouldn't put it past him.

I'll be surprised if we have less than 45,000 at the first game of the season, stunned if it's less than 40,000. I wonder if Ashley is gonna attend, he probably will...he's that thick skinned.

JakartaToon likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Could have been worse lads.

Gravy kecks Allardyce could have said Yes.

Every cloud

13. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  14. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

Whoops sorry

15. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

Corrected

Shouldn't this be in the Juniors section?

16. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Come on Crone lad, more chance of us losing 14-0 than winning 4-0.

I think everyone from the outside can at least see what protesters are getting at. **** me if people aren't taking the piss out of Arsenal for protesting they can't say anything to us. No changes to stadium or training facilities, all fan favourites sold as soon as possible, slave bloody bruce as manager, threats of legal action or bans against any journalist who dares criticise, lies about wanting to find a new owner, chairman sticks 2 fingers up at fans (literally), lowest paid MD and a husk of backroom (and playing) staff, yet greatest transfer profit of league, treatment of legends like Gutes, Shearer, Keegan, etc., advertising vehicle for the most abhorrent company in the country, no interest in cup competitions, employing yes men with little ability in their roles (Charns, Wise, Moncur), no hope other than to avoid relegation. This hasn't just been a bad few years, its been over a decade.

I'm not saying I have an issue with people who choose to show up. To me though it won't put any prospective owners off if they don't, unless it's one looking for a Mike Ashley business model (good thing).

As for the players, if this Joelinton transfer gets confirmed we know it means little. The type of players we're getting won't care much as we look to be going back to the 'stepping stone' philosophy.

I guess it doesn't matter what prospective owners think until MA is actually prepared to sell. Anything fans wish to do to try and change his mind is fair enough to me. Whether I think it will do anything or not is another matter.

17. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Result!

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Newcastle United RIP

Santaseyebrow likes this.
  20. Sheikh_of_Araby