1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brucey's Summer Shopping List

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, May 4, 2013.

1. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

This is Bruceys official shopping list FACT.....or at least its the names been mentioned on the Football rumours site

Wickham
    Stockdale
    Elmohamedy
    Gedo
    Jedinak
    scott sinclair
    darren bent
    michael turner
    shay given
    shaun wright phillips
    Le Fondre
    Stockdale
    Pearce
    Maloney

2. Joe7

Joe7 Member

We'll bring in around seven new players next season at minimum. Our squad going into next season only contains seventeen first team players, and five others who could potentially be offered new contracts, and I imagine we'll see a fair few of them leave as well.

Squad:

Jakupovic, Chester, Hobbs, Evans, Koren, Fryatt, Cairney, Dudgeon, Aluko, Bruce, Quinn, Brady, Meyler, Proschwitz, Boyd, Stewart, McLean

Player's out of contract:

Rosenior, McShane, Faye, Dawson, Simpson

3. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

Dudgeon will be gutted to have missed out on so much of the season - I'm not sure he is ready for the step up.
    Many names mentioned for the GK slot. Most of them are unrealistic from either a cost value, wages or player won't come. I'd like to have a GK as No.1 who is not a loanee. Don't think we should spend too much of whatever pot on a GK either as there is a greater benefit to having more quality in a striker

From those who featured this season I'm most looking forward to seeing Boyd in action. With the additional space he will get he could become a key player (if he signs.) I think Gedo and Fathi will go back and that Elmo will probably have to take some sort of pay cut to move here. Faye might find the pace of the Prem one step too far (how I wish we had signed him earlier in his career). Brady might have found a new role for him and his versatility might be his greatest attribute.

Jury is out on Evans but think Koren is good for one more season for us. The problem we face is that we need to sign around five players to get back to the same squad numbers as this season and even this number excludes those that are out of contact and will leave

Regardless, it's going to be a great summer

4. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

Who we get isnt as important as the type of contract we put them on . .
    So long as the club stay sensible with wages , dont sack Bruce in a way thats becoming all to popular
    We will be alright whatever league we are in. -
    Relegation from the Prem should never be a death nell

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Mint! Best bit of forum banter I've seen for yonks! <laugh><laugh><laugh>

The dog is now taking me for a walk to the pub, have a great day everyone :emoticon-0150-hands

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I fully agree, even if we are a yo yo club for a season or two, as long as we are building the strength of the club. Also agree even if things next season don't go well, stick with Bruce, Wolves wish now they had stayed with Mad Mick, as I am sure they would have at least given this last season a good shot if he had still been in charge.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I fully agree, even if we are a yo yo club for a season or two, as long as we are building the strength of the club. Also agree even if things next season don't go well, stick with Bruce, Wolves wish now they had stayed with Mad Mick, as I am sure they would have at least given this last season a good shot if he had still been in charge.

8. kccircle

You've saved yourself a lot of grief by adding the words 'from football rumours' to your post

9. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

The smart policy would be to buy top Championship players who are ready to step up a level. They will be hungry, relatively inexpensive and will want to be here more than big name players who will want a kings ransom for taking the risk of coming to one of the relegation favourites. Of course saying that we will need a few experienced EPL heads in key positions including CM and CD.

The other thing the club have to take into consideration is the possibility of being left in the same mess if we go down as we were last time (I know no-one wants to think about this, but it can't be ignored). High earning average Prem or foreign players on long -term contracts could cripple us again, but a team of proven Championship quality would give us a great chance to bounce straight back up. Rhodes and Austin would be on my radar if I was SB.

10. mostynthecat

mostynthecat Active Member

Let's be honest every player signed in the summer will probably have the "relegation clause" inserted into their contracts as I'm certain Papa and whoever draws up the contract will have learned from what happened last time we got promoted.

Also as I've said before we'll probably see players signed who no one's heard of - like what happened when Bruce was at Wigan.

The goalkeepers we sign will be interesting to see as I can't see Jakupovic being 2nd choice keeper in the PL if he wasn't really given a chance in the championship - as technically we need 2 very good to excellent keepers

11. Jac_HCAFC

Jac_HCAFC New Member

i like the look of Robson-Kanu from Reading, pacey and skill-full.

12. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Would Doyle or SEB be good enough? They did alright last season didn't they? And they won't fancy the third tier. Plus, another Oirish fella couldn't hurt.

13. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I've been very impressed with him. He has pace, power, height and a brain. Watch his goal yesterday, made space for himself very intelligently.

14. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Neither of them are good enough for the Prem.

15. Justin THE SARGE Whittle

How about Jozy Altidore? Has 30 goals in 38 games for AZ this season. Seems to have matured since his last spell at City...but then again the Premier League is a big ask

16. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Well they were when Wolves stayed up.

17. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

This is just too exciting.

I'm going for a walk to shops...

18. kccircle

I think Doyle is a good shout but not SEB. Altidore is another who I think could do well now he is a little older. I think he would cost a fortune though and wouldn't be the signing that the average Tiger would appreciate.

Buying from the NPC is a good ploy, but there is little value from this league either. I can't think Burnley would let Austin leave unless a +£5m bid is placed and anyone mentioning Rhodes is in cloud cuckoo land due to the £7m cost Blackburn would demand just to get their money back (on a player that has performed at this level too)

19. Jac_HCAFC

Jac_HCAFC New Member

20. Jac_HCAFC

Jac_HCAFC New Member