1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Buendia and Arsenal

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by GozoCanary, Jan 5, 2021.

1. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

If a really big club like Liverpool, MU or Barcelona come calling, I'm sure Emi will go. But this seems unlikely at the moment.

On the other hand, I hope he has enough sense to ignore any interest from mediocre Prem clubs like Palace or Burnley, even if they offer to double his wages. What's the point? Apart from money, he may as well try to go up with us, a team that tries to play football, rather than a Premiership club who are happy to grind out results as long as they finish around 14th.

The difficult decision for him, I imagine, comes if Arsenal make a serious bid. They are undoubtedly a big club and they would certainly offer the kind of challenge he is looking for on his way to the top. On the other hand, it seems extremely unlikely that they'll be in the Champions League next season, or even the Europa.

Overall, I think it makes sense for him to wait and see what has happened by the summer. I really hope he thinks the same.

2. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

According to an old friend of mine, who is an Arsenal supporter, Arsenal have two others in the same position they are considering (don't know who) so just hope they take up one of those two others, so long as they do not come from Carrow Road

3. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member