1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 12, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Burnley v Leeds Utd
    Saturday 15th May @12:30 | Turf Moor

Leeds make the short trip across the Pennines to face a recently rejuvenated Burnley side, who have netted seven times in three games. The credit for the recent turnaround can mainly be attributed to a player Leeds fans know all too well.

Chris Wood scored 41 times in 83 appearances for the Whites over a two year spell, before the lure of the Premiership got too much for the New Zealand International. Since signing for the Clarets four years ago Wood has been consistent, but has not set the World on fire - until now....

The in form hit man has scored five times in the last three games, bringing his total for the season up to twelve, three less than Bamford. Those of us that remember Wood, know he is a striker who thrives on confidence. The Whites will need to very cautious of any Burley set pieces!

Leeds have no new injury concerns. As we know, Bielsa does not like meddling with the team sheet unless he absolutely has to, let alone after destroying Spurs 3-1 last weekend. It is expected that Cooper, Phillips, Rodrigo and Raphinha will all start on the bench.

Burnley too, are unlikely to change a winning team. As well as Wood, Charlie Taylor will face his old club, whilst shot stopper Nick Pope will be preferred over former academy ace Bailey Peacock Farrell.

2. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

This is about as interesting as I get. I really liked Wood and Taylor, understood why they both left, resented it and couldn’t understand why they thought Burnley were “bigger” than Leeds (exchange Howson, Snodgrass, Becchio, Byram and Norwich). It was a familiar script and I so wanted us to go up and them regret it, Cook (not cock) also springs to mind, but, do you know what, I actually almost feel sorry for all of them now, none of them would get in this Leeds team.

Ces’t la vie, enough interesting from me for one night, back to the home grown woodbines :emoticon-0176-smoke

SIDDAS, Doc, w.c.dukenfield and 2 others like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the abuse that Wood got in his first season with us?

4. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

yes and so does he<ok>

Whitejock likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

It was for his own good :biggrin: he started scoring after that.

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Only one bloke I want to see cry and thats the ginger gobshyte managing them. Always thought he could be a top manager but then I hear how he abused Bamford which then meant senior players at Burnley could do the same. I then hear him gobbing off on tv about how Leeds have spent much more than him..... want to see his team torn to shreds and around 0-9 Leeds will do nicely thanks

8. Irishshako

Unfortunately the way burnley are set up to play means goals could be at a premiun. Although in saying that it could be a 0.0 or a 5.5..:wink:

SIDDAS and Doc like this.
  9. Irishshako

As far as I'm concerned taylor acted like billy big bollox and refused to play for us at the end and woods bitter remarks towards Leeds Utd fans means they can both **** themselves.<ok>

10. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Will be interesting how Llorente sorts Wood out, for me Llorente will be too good for him but Wood is a raw boned, a bit of an old fashioned CF so looking forward to the challenge, failing that Sturijk will sort him, since these two have been playing together we have looked more solid at the back, and in saying that it breeds confidence throughout the team, Meslier has grown in confidence for a young keeper with them two in front of him. Also Koch's performance last week has given Philips a reminder, Koch must be a very fit lad to get back into the side after his knee operation so quickly.

After saying that we always struggle against teams lower than us, and i think that is because they pack there MF and play with a back 5 mostly, Spurs thought with Kane, Bale and Son upfront they could run riot.......wrong, Sturijk had Kane, and Alioski had Bale well sorted, lets hope we get out of the traps against Burnley and run them ragged. Leeds 3-1 win for me.

11. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

After saying that, IF Taylor had kept his mouth shut and told his agent to fck off and was still at LS11 Amigo would have made him into England LB, so more fool him.

12. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It coincided with 1 on 1 training with James Beattie

13. Irishshako

We will never know<ok>

14. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Snap

Irishshako likes this.
  15. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Now Burnley are safe they might have a bit more leeway and have a go. I really hope so as it will play to our strength.hope we get a early goal and then the game will open up. Ginge might think when they had a go at ER then looked dangerous and let's be fair they did but this is a different day. I'm wanting 59 Pts to end the season so expecting a win. But its no walk in the park and we have to still graft and show passion.

hemase, Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Goid morning and happy matchday everyone. Bit busy making plans but come kick off i will be glued to the screen. Really hooe we turn on the style today and show who the real manager of the month is.

Irishshako, southernwhite and Gessa like this.
  17. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

They’ve hit a bit of form but they outplayed us at Elland road when they weren’t in form. We didn’t get out of our half in the second half. They pressed us high up the pitch and squeezed our usual out ball - we couldn’t deal with it. Pitch was shocking and maybe didn’t help, but worst we’ve played this season in my view.

Let’s hope we’ve learnt from that

18. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I’m saying nowt jinks and all that!
    :emoticon-0127-lipss

Irishshako likes this.
  19. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Not sure they outplayed us mate. We were the better team first half, they had more ball second half. If memory serves me correctly they just tried to bombard us with balls in to the box and we dealt with it fairly well.

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member