1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm now watching Maguire giving an interview.

Why the fck does he keep saying "we"? "We" keep giving away goals. It was disappointing by "us" to give the goal away.

It was fcking you pal. All you! Again. Dickhead.

Sucky and Diego like this.
  2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Might aswell put these match threads on the PL board and tag

@Christiansmith

even tho tags don’t work

Sucky likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I can read many posts blaming quite rightly players like Maguire (I have known he was useless for a long time and not worth a fraction of the 80million we paid for him!) but we need more like yours denouncing the manager. Apart from this season, can anyone sane argue with me that Rangnick’s team is better than the one of last season or even the one before? Apparently other team managers must be afraid of this manager. More Likely they are having a good laugh. The way we collapse in second halves must be concerning but isn’t the job of the manager to ensure that this doesn’t happen. We see on the screen how he constantly consult with Darren Fletcher <doh> But hey we played mighty Burnley. Therefore we shouldn’t have high expectations. That team is only at the bottom of the ****ing league.

4. Christiansmith

Has anyone noticed an interesting difference between our teams performances this season compared to last ? Last and the previous season in away matches we would often go down a goal but then recover to win. This season we would often go a goal or 2 up but then we would squander so many opportunities than the opposition will have a go in the second half and equalise or win. Of course we have no doubt made progress <applause>

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's like talking to a brick wall, it honestly is.

I can't be bothered repeating myself, but if you honestly can't see the significant difference tactically and in the way we pass the ball through midfield and the cycles of play which continually create attack after attack then you're a lost cause.

Quite frankly, Ole's gone. Get over it.

cytrax likes this.
  6. Christiansmith

Nothing to do with ole at all. And you know it. Its about the present and those who pretend that we've significantly improved. See the wood for the trees mate. No, we ****ing haven't. Pretty cycles of play and we draw or lose against opposition we should beat easily. Wtf?

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

These teams we should 'easily beat', you were saying as we shouldn't take anything for granted when Ole was manager.

Your shift towards blaming the manger for everything isn't even disguised, it's almost parody.

By the time Ole was struggling and producing utterly ****e coward football, he'd been in charge three years and bought his own squad.

Rangnick's not been in charge three months.

FWIW, I've been to two of the games under Rangnick (yes, it does make a difference, sorry) and I can SEE the difference. By the time the season ends, where ever we finish, the mind set and approach to games will (should) have changed.

And those not buying into it will be gone, or about to be let go.

cytrax likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Last season it was 'we have the players, this ****ing manager has killed their talent, he doesn't coach them' - this season it is 'we have a great coach, he has improved the side, the tactics, etc, it's just that we have **** players'. Interesting.

Christiansmith likes this.
  9. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Only now? Seriously?

He be a dud for 30m never mind the 80 you paid.

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Do you even watch the games? Honest question.

Or do you just look at the result in the paper and base it on that?

Because, to be absolutely honest, you come across as completely ****ing clueless.

Treble likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I was genuinely going to ask Christian the same thing.

If they honestly cannot see the improvement in our football. We had 20+ shots on goal yesterday. I think we had even more against Boro.

The thing we're lacking is the finishing. There's nowt much wrong with our build up play at all. Of course anyone would know that if they actually watch us play.

Compare the last two performances with the two against Newcastle and Watford and it's chalk and cheese.

Diego likes this.
  12. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I was actually referring to you lot bleating one way then another. Last season you were whining about Ole, now it's the players - make your minds up kids.

Rangnick is incapable of anything of significance, in five minutes time he will be upstairs in charge of catering and a new manager will come in and undo everything and start over. The players know this, that's why there is no commitment.

Christiansmith likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh nobody ever complained about our centre backs last season. Lindelof and Maguire were lauded.

Nobody complained about Martial who was picked every game as a CF and couldn't score for toffee.

Nobody complained about Fred or Mctominay.

That never happened. Apparently.

This is unreal <doh>

Diego likes this.
  14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

A player was singled out after last night, one.

Not plural, not players, one. Maguire.

Diego likes this.
  15. Christiansmith

Spot on. Its all black and white with some. Last season every win or even draw was down to the manager. The players had absolutely no blame even if they were absolute ****. This time every time we lose it is one or more players being responsible. Nothing to do with the manager. Even worse some are actually saying he is dealing with damaged goods (from the previous regime). And that it will take months if not years to retrain these players <laugh>

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Some seem to have taken Ole leaving a bit personal <whistle>

Diego likes this.
  17. Christiansmith

Nothing to do with Ole. I've said many times and you know it. Why you keep repeating this crap is beyond me. Its about the current situation. Obviously you've run out of valid arguments to go back to something I've already denied several times. I've said many times that ole had to go and his situation was untenable.

THIS IS ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Just checking you're reading what we're posting fella.

Because it seems from your and Fodder's posts that you've not read a word anyone's said.

It's almost childish tbh. Neither of you want dialogue. It's just mindless bollox and having a pop at posters.

Diego and Chief like this.
  19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Even more hilarious is the 'it's black and white with some' statement!

Yes, it's is. It's exactly that, with you.

Under Ole it was the players, under Rangnick it's the manager.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

As far as this is concerned, I'm fairly sure you both actually get that the current situation wasn't caused by either Solskjaer or Rangnick, and the rot set in long before all this.

It's therefore very, very weird that both have decided it's down to the manager whose been here three months, while the one who was here fully three years and eventually bought his own squad, got off completely scot free.

It's like you're both sat there with fingers in your ears saying la la la not listening, when people try to voice the opinion that the football has improved, even if the end product, result and score wise, hasn't yet.

It's there for all to see.

The players aren't 'all ****' but one or two are being found out as clear weak links.

And Rangnick is far from blameless, he made some daft selections and tactical formations early on.

What he didn't do, is miss penalties and sitters, or get caught out like a lumbering oil tanker while trying defend against a half decent striker.

The lack of belief and fight goes way back though.

Treble, AwakingGiants and Diego like this.