1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No I'm saying that some of us identified we needed a CM well before anyone in the media was claiming that's who we should've been going for. Even in the summer when we were tenuously being linked with Rice before and during the Euros, not one pundit was saying that was the priority. They only started that hindsight after the season started.

Yeh most of those are fair enough, although I'd have kept Bailly and we only just bought Van de Beek 18 months ago lol.

Diego likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We didn’t even play van de Beek enough to know if he would have ever worked out. The guy must really smell in training or something. And now, he’s gone!

That case of Donny highlights everything that is wrong with the structure at the club. We bought Amad as well but I bet he may never even play for the club again. We just kept buying players without having a clear plan on how we would utilize them.

That is the difference between now and the last few years when we had zero plan to be communicated.

On Rice; I think it would be madness to spend anywhere near what the media is pumping him to be worth. This is where we need to get creative going forward and stop throwing money at our problems.