1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley vs United - Tuesday Turf Moor Tussle

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No need to share that top spot. A point tomorrow will be enough to shake off the scousers hangin on to our coat tails <diva>

The Clarets have picked up 3 wins out of their last 4 games at home - against Palace, Wolves and Sheff Utd. However they really have struggled to score this season. Let's hope we don't help them out eh!

Guess what... yes Bailly may very well be injured again. Although after many of the first team players being rested against Watford in the FA Cup, United will have pretty much everyone else available.

FFS let's not fck this up.

2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Double jinx - 4 -0

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I think this is going to be harder than it should be but we will come out 2-1 winners.

Unfortunately i see the scousers hitting us hard in thefirst 20/25mins and us going 2 down, hopefully we can pull it back to 2-2 but i fear a loss here.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

What's the score with Big Tim?
    I understand the lad wanting out because injuries have held him back and he now needs regular first team football but the fee i haveseen quoted is £1.5M
    I am all for letting lads go and fulfil their potential elsewhere but we seem to be too kind, we never get a decent fee for players yet Pool can get £15M or £19M for donkeys like Ibe and Solanke,
    It's good that we don't hold players back when their chance with us has gone but we need to get more realistic with the fee.

EDIT..........forget that, just found out his contract expires this summer <laugh>

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. glazerfodder

Very strong line-up, can't wait.

burn.png

cytrax likes this.
  6. glazerfodder

From Sky -

Since Bruno Fernandes made his debut on February 1, 2020, no side has won more Premier League points than Manchester United (65).

United have lost only three Premier League games since his arrival, the fewest in the division, and only Liverpool have scored more league goals during that period.

Fernandes is also yet to lose any of his 14 Premier League appearances away from home for Manchester United (W11, D3).

cytrax likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kiss of death right there BURN HIM!!!

Diego likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

:emoticon-0107-sweat

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well that was utter garbage.

Why do we persist with playing it out from the back when it's patently obvious we don't have the cb's to play it out from the back? <doh>

Why are we so slow in playing the ball forward when we get in their half, allowing their defence to reorganise and resulting in us passing the ball sideways and back until one of our players eventually decides to lob the ball aimlessly into the box and give away possession after 50 passes <doh>

Seriously, wtf are we doing in training?

We continue to rely on individual brilliance to create chances rather than fashioning anything through any tactical play.

And Martial is nothing more than an impact sub. He shouldn't be starting games. I'd rather have Rashford left, Cavani in the middle and Mata on the right. Mata may not be quick but we'd create and convert far more.

Really need to up our game in the 2nd half.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'd sub Shaw for Telles before he gets sent off as well. Friend is trigger happy tonight against United.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Clinging on for dear life from long ball Burnley in the last 20 mins. Jeez.

And that lame arse bullshit effort by Martial at the end when he had the goal at his mercy shows what an absolute waste of space he's become. I think it's fair to say he's lived off his first season long enough.

These players are being de-skilled by a coaching team that lack courage or dynamism.

Having said that, barring a couple of tired passes near the end, Pogba was absolute boss for the 90 mins <applause>

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Oh and if we turn up and put in that pile of **** against Liverpool we will get fcking battered <ok>

13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Not the best performance but a real gritty and battling one. No question United deserved the win as there is no way the Maguire goal should have been erased. Perfect header.

Its all encouraging for Sunday. Martial critics here will get their wish as no chance he will be fit . Pogba is stepping up but I hesitate to big him up as he's let us down so many times.

Only if we beat the RS will I believe we could be in contention. ATM all we can say is that we are in a good position to get a CL place.

cytrax likes this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Beat them lol. We are going there to play for a draw all day long.

15. Christiansmith

that’s why I wouldn’t say we were in title contention yet. We have yet to beat a big 6 side. Agree that the odds are against a United win but a win even a scrappy lucky one will be massive.

Disappointed with Rashford this evening. Probably needs a rest but he won’t get it.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Playing him on the right didn't help tbf. Him and Bruno look knackered, they both need a rest.

But both of them, plus Cavani, Pogba, Shaw, Bailly, Wan Bissaka, Maguire played/ran their hearts out tonight. That's really what got us through tonight.

cytrax, Christiansmith and Diego like this.
  17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Rashford is totally wasted on the right which also impacts on Shaw's attacking involvement. Rashy is also the only forward we have that can actually go past/through defenders with apparent ease.
    Bailly is a massive improvement on Lindelof, not only does he put his body on the line when needed he also has good speed and is very confident in possession of the ball. He makes Maguire more calm and confident.
    Obi Wan is a superb defender, i just wish he wouldn't tie his legs in knots when going forward (getting noticeably better at this though).
    Shaw is a solid defender with good positional sense. When you watch him defend he is rarely tight to his man but always knows where he is, this gives him the opportunity and time to shepherd him where he want's him. His link up with Rashford going forward is sorely missed when Martial plays left forward.
    Cavani has been a revelation to me, his movement, ability and instinct were never a doubt but his work rate is something that has really impressed me.
    Bruno does look knackered, we need a few "easier" games for Donny to get involved and show what he has to bring.
    Pogba? I hope to **** he is now playing because he want's to and is happy and not just for the shop window. The circus around him is ****ing frustrating especially when you know what he can bring. The slight hope i have for a good outcome with him is a tweet he posted after his agent spouted off again saying "people should not talk of things they nothing about".

cytrax and Treble like this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're spot on about Rashford being the only forward that can go past players. Even without being at his best he did that enough times tonight.

Cavani is gifted and hungry. How can you not like a player like that! I thought Martial was crowding him at times and brought defenders in instead of pulling them out wide.

Agree about everything you've said about the back 4. I just don't like the fact we keep inviting pressure on them. The ball needs to be in the other half of the pitch more than ours.

Diego likes this.
  19. Christiansmith

We are getting back the teamwork that’s required. The spirit is improving and solskjaer deserves some credit for that. There is confidence that we can get a result if the players work hard and together. We need to improve another 20%-25% and let’s see where that takes us. Cavani works hard but he could integrate better with the other frontmen. That’s probably because of his enforced lay off.

As I said in another thread, I am really looking forward to playing the RS. Any result is possible of course but for the first time in ages I feel that if the frontmen click we could get a result. For the first time in years the RS fans are to coin a phrase “clenching their buttocks”. In their heart of hearts they know we could easily destroy that unbeaten run they have at home. Bring it on!

cytrax likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I disagree with this though. I don't think there's much teamwork. We have quality players who are performing but not as a team. We rely on individuals rather than a collective. In the second half our forwards resorted to taking pot shots from outside the box because we don't work together to create. And guess how we scored, a goal from outside the box from an individual bit of brilliance.