1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Buyout news article

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by BobTheYank, Aug 17, 2012.

1. BobTheYank

BobTheYank Member

I just read the following story (link below) about a fans buyout in the DR. My biggest question is “Why?” I don’t see how new management will affect the financial problem the club faces, unless some of the members of the Trust are going to put up a large sum of their own money.

As I see it, the biggest problem we have is lack of money. One alternative would be to buy some of the shares from MJ as long as he was willing to use that money to (1) pay off some of the debt and (2) fund an additional player or two. Paying down the debt would lower the interest payment each year. This savings could then be used to further reduce the debt.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...nock-fans-to-buy-out-michael-johnston-1263192

2. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

I dont follow this either, setting up a new club good idea - but an existing club with existing debt dont think it will happen. It would be good to get the trust maybe having a share and therefore a means for the supporters to hear what is going on and have their say.

For it to be significant we would want to buy out MJ and cover the debt. debt including the hotel build debt is 9m (I know its slightly less now but say that) this season we have 3,500 season tickets sold (guess 80% adult) so 2,800 adults.That would mean they would each have to buy a share for £3,214 to clear the debt!

3. Same old Bonbon 19

Its a flight of fancy by people,mainy supporters of the killie trust and associated hangers on, whipping up some "positive" fan action against MJ. I also suspect its an act to appease the fans of other clubs who see Killie in a less than flattering light after the actions and comments emanating from the management and board.

To what end I dont know and what they hope it will achieve I am also at a loss to explain.There is no money man behind them just a bunch of well meaning fans who think that they can make the Barcelona model work in Scotland.

MJ is an astute slimeball and this "action" by these people could IMO play into his hands.All he needs to do is meet with them listen to their proposals and then pose the question...show me and the bank where your money is coming from and we will talk.