1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bye bye Capello...

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Feb 8, 2012.

1. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Utterly ridiculous, the media, the dinosaurs at the FA and the hecklers have finally got their man, they must be so proud. All the players are shocked and asking where next, with three months to go to a tournament the preparation has been ruined again by the FA undermining their manager; they obviously have been looking for a reason to oust him. As for those saying Capello had a poor World Cup I think he had learned from that and was eager to prover doubts wrong, however, it will make no difference England are going to suffer once again after sacking statistically their best manager of all time.

2. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

He was sh1t in SA.
    Their?Alf Ramsey...

3. OddRiverOakWizards

Yes he was **** in South Africa (but I think he had learned from that), but the FA did not sack him then and we are in an even worse position deposing him now. Players and the management also need to take the flack, it cannot be that all these successful managers are useless, has anyone considered that the other two variables rarely change.

Yes I said he was statistically their best manager, because he had the highest win rate in a time where even minnows are improving: http://www.englandfc.com/nostal/trivia/mgrrecord.html

4. Plastique Bertrand

Plastique Bertrand Well-Known Member

Terry wasn't dismissed from the team and was available for selection, the FA just didn't deem it appropriate for him to captain the team in the interim, just keep a lower profile.

It's exactly as before the world cup when Terry was relieved of captaincy (which ceartainly the press seem to think caused ructions in the camp) after that experience, maybe Cappello would been proactive with seeking his bosses quite predictable thoughts on the Terry situation for clarification, or not surprised. He obviously emotionally wanted to go, if he's so hung up on the 'principle' of it all... so Ciao Ciao Fabio.

5. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Extreme bad timing, and as usual it's John Terry who precipitates it all. Can't wait until he retires. He's a walking disaster zone.

Stats don't mean a lot to me as regards win rates - all I care about is tournament finishes/performances, and they weren't good. Thinking of the England national team I just get a lot of meaningless friendlies against the same old minnows fluffing up the stats. Big deal - perform in the tournament. End of story.

6. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Pearce - caretaker.
    Redknapp - England at end of season or after Euros.
    Mourinho - Spurs.
    Adkins - Real Madrid.

Circle of life!

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Who in their right mind would want the England job...it always ends badly. Even winning the World Cup doesn't guarantee your job. To have the job you have to be a great man manager, great tactician, great diplomat and have a past so squeaky clean that no journalist will discover anything bad. Even Hoddle couldn't pass the final test.

8. Plastique Bertrand

You would be promoted to a new created role as The King of English Football if you presided over the fantasy of England winning the World Cup - and probably have the power to lop off doomed managers heads!

9. fran-MLs little camera

Alf Ramsay should have retired after the World Cup on a high, as everything after that was downhill.

10. Channelsaint

Channelsaint Active Member

think we have to very careful about this racist situation because if you suspend a player because of allegation whose to say players will make allegation with sole reason to get them suspended .lets face it they have no problem trying to get fellow players sent off,, As much as i have no time for Terry dont think he should have lost his captaincy on strengh of allegation,,

11. Plastique Bertrand

He wasn't suspended. Making another guy captain was just giving Terry a lower profile, I thought it was a fair compormise.

12. fran-MLs little camera

Don't think many footballers would make up such an allegation...Ferdinand thought he'd heard it...whether he did or not will be up to the courts to decide.

Liverpool's action over the Suarez affair was wrong....the man himself admitted he had said it and took his punishment. His excuse that it was acceptable in his own country (negrito being Spanish for black man) didn't really hold water as Evra was clearly upset by it but he continued to repeat the word to wind him up.

13. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

Capello's main problem was that he chose to live in italy, chose not to learn english, chose not to spend time understanding english football, and chose to take on a job far beyond his capabilities. Apart from that he was the perfect choice. Saying that the FA have proven themselves incomptent again, but if Capello lived in England and could speak English, then the FA could have discussed the matter with him.

As to who should succeed him, anyone but Redknapp please. The Mike Bassett of the premier league should stay at Spurs, his latest spiritual home. Wenger for me!

14. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Don't despair, going by some of the back comments I've heard from Bagpuss, I've got a sneaky feeling that he might turn the job down. Unless he can do both Spurs and England.

Mind you, being Harry, he'll probably bite the FA's arm off up to the shoulder.

15. OddRiverOakWizards

Poor bagpuss what did he ever do to be likened to Redknapp?! I can just see the FA bending over backwards and fauning all over Redknapp for him to agree to manage England this summer (he will want to stay Spurs boss) and it will all end in tears. For me the best man for the job is Hiddink but we have to have someone English or the media will have a tantrum.

16. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Typed into Google Images, Bagpuss Spurs. Not a bad result, eh..?

please log in to view this image

17. Chaplow's Shiny Head

I think the main problem stems from the big headed overpaid arrogant underachieving players a stat in one of the papers shows that Fabios win ratio was second to none in comparison to past managers. Going back it was not Hoddle who kicked the Argie Simone when we were in with a great chance of knocking the Argies out in 98 and it was not Eriksonn who stamped on Carvalhos bollocks in a finely balanced game against Portugal it was not Fabio who chose to sniff around his best mates misses in the lead up to a major tourno creating rifts in the squad. No our failings are due to the in discipline of some of our' leading' players our ability to shoot our selves in the foot is second to none. Wheather innocent or guilty why Terry again why does he not use his head for what in his case it was designed for which is heading a football and very little else truth be known Fabio is more than likely glad to see the back of them.

18. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Love the title! How about Clive Woodward for the job? If he was considered good enough for us at one time, then surely he is good enough for England!!

19. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

I just don't think a new manager will be able to improve England that dramatically. I think England will struggle to get out of the group, getting a 0-0draw with France, losing to the Ukraine (the organisers will not allow Ukraine to be knocked out in the first phase). I forget who else England play in the group. Anyhow I expect 3 weeks of utter garbage from all the teams involved. We might see two or three watchable games and that's it. I'm just happy supporting Southampton!!