1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cairney Contract Info

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CumbrianTiger, Feb 3, 2011.

1. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I was speaking with James Bennett (some of you may remember him from his City days??) we got on to discussing City currently and he was speaking rather aggressively (he was drunk) saying that the club are treating Cairney disgracefully. I asked why to which he responded that if he makes one more appearance for the first team he gets a rather large wage hike (unsure whether this is starts or just appearances, we were talking whilst on a night out in Newcastle). He said that TC is feeling very feed up with the fact that the club are treating him like that.

Dont know whether this was drunken rubbish he was filling me with? Others may help me out?

If any of you wondered what Bennett is up to now a days he is plying his trade for Brid Town and getting drunk in Newcastle :).

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It can't be anything to do with career appearances because the numbers are too obscure. He is sitting on 14 starts (league and cup) so far this season, would we have set a contract up that gave him an appearance based pay rise that included cup games though?

If when he'd played earlier in the season he hadn't managed to get slower week by week and had done more in the games than I could have done he might well be in the team now though. His performances then put him so far down the pecking order and out of my thoughts that I even managed to miss him out of our squad for next season on a recent thread.

3. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

Was James Bennett ever a Professional because I would say his blubbering would be construed as extremely unprofessional. In future he should keep his trap shut and ply his chosen Profession with Brid. For as long as he can. Tom Cairneys affairs are his and as an ex-pro James should concentrte on his own burgeoning career!

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Regardless of his contract terms, I reckon he's out of the team based on his early season performances, not anything written on a piece of paper.

I expect him to go out on loan when we bring in another central midfield player, once the loan window opens.

I hear the club think he could do with a kick up the backside, he's a little complacent.

5. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

From what N Pearson said on humberside last night and with harpers absence, he may get a chance on saturday. He said 'hes started to look alot better in training recently', I presume we'll start with a midfield of

stewart evans koren barmby/devitt

but i could see cairney starting in the middle possibly with koren out wide still. Then again he may play Belaid, but he sounded alot more positive about Cairney than ive heard him do in a while.

6. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

Cairney signed a new contract not long since so he can't be that discontented.

7. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Tom Cairney - just a young lad with a sensible haircut!!

8. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Cheers for the heads up that he was talking ****e. I wasnt sure of the amount of truth behind it.

Bennett thinks he is massive time, walking round like he owns the place.

9. ManchesterTiger

I see James Bennett has gone from strength to strength since getting released for being **** - Get a life Bennett and keep your trap shut you clown - £50 a week playing for Brid certainly makes you no big time charlie!

10. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Who the **** is James Bennett??

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This whole contract clause thing is old news, it was this time last year there was this problem. We sorted the contract out and he has since signed another new deal this month.

I was wondering recently if Cairney might get a chance back in the side soon because he is obviously a decent player, just suffered a dip in form.

12. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

13. ManchesterTiger

Cairney will be earnings 100 times (probably more) than what Bennett is on so Bennett's probably just trying to stir things up - turd!

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think Bennett's younger brother Tom is in our youth team now. Along with Liam Cooper's brother Joe.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

James Bennett - A potted history

Released by Hull City, went to Darlington, released by Darlington after 7 games, went to Osset Town(made his début in a 7-0 defeat), went to Brid Town, slagged off club 1.

16. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Or in other words, a total no mark.

17. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

exactly who the **** is james bennet? gordon bennet!

18. electronicsforcats

I'll be pleased to see Cairney back in the mix, assuming he is playing better in training (i.e. trying harder...) It did appear as though he was a little complacent and needed time out to reignite his hunger (to mix a metaphor or two).

One thing that niggles me a bit though is that we seem to have so many midfielders, and are still looking at more (Danns, Greening) having just brought in several (Evans, Belaid, Stewart - although he could be used up front too). I'm not complaining about who we have brought in, but Koren is already being played out of position to accommodate him. Do we have too many options in the middle now?

19. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

I would like to See Cameron Stewart & McLean swap positions now and again during matches as i feel Stewart has been handicapped by being set defensive responsibilities, in his left midfield role. Either that or defenses of other teams are well aware of Stewart now and are marking him more tightly

20. Cairney-For-England

Tom cairney decent hair cut???????

He has got it so it is cut like zain malik out of one direction?