1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Calm Down!!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ninj, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

At the start of the season, there was a major overall of the playing staff - something a lot of us had wanted for a long long time. A new manger was brought in to oversee this and to develop the youngsters into decent championship - potentially premiership players.
    His budget...….well...….let's be fair and say it was peanuts compared to other clubs. The club had made major mistakes previously which is why we are where we are. A massive fine has not helped and the club have admitted it will take a bit longer to get our house into order again.
    If we stay up and are mid table it will be a good season. Players take time to settle and understand exactly what the manager wants and needs from them. I believe we are not too far off from being a decent side. A midfielder than can dictate and control a game (ie Shaun Derry type player, a leader in the back 4 Clint Hill, SuperMac type player, a keeper that will scream at his defence to organise and a striker) - not too much then. Our loanees return to parent clubs at the end of the season and I was hoping that the reserves would be pushing for starting places to convince those above that we don't need to spend. I personally would like to see Oteh given a run in the first team. He would have been playing with the likes of Eze, Chair and Bos in the reserves so who knows, that might have been a very effective mobile 4.
    Our loanees - if they are free agents at the end of the season - maybe - just maybe they like playing in hoops and wants to sign full time? Maybe Nakki will hate Bristol and demand a free transfer back to the club that helped him get his form back?
    I am hoping that MW stays for the duration of the contract he has signed. We could do with some stability during this transition, and maybe - just maybe he will lead us back into the premiership.
    Let's keep the faith. We all have our own ideas on who should be playing, where and how.

2. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Perfect summary. Keep the faith we need STABILITY.

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I get the sentiment, but there's an awful lot of ifs and maybes in there.

On present form, we won't finish mid table, we will be very near or in the bottom three.
    How will the plan look from league 1?

mapleranger, Goldhawk-Road and ELLERS like this.
  4. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I actually like MW and really hope he stays. I have witnessed some fantastic football this season and it's been a pleasure to watch at times. Eze has been worth the entrance fee alone in certain games. However I dont believe we will be seeing the likes of him or BOS next season. Anyone who has a good season for us will attract the attention of clubs within the premier league or clubs with serious ambition to get there. The worrying thing in my opinion is that we could find the next Eze and Bos for next year and exactly the same would happen again. I truly dont see us doing anything for a long long time without having the ability to keep these types of player.

5. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Those days are gone. The people who need to leave the club are the owners. Whichever manager we get, however many we try we will not progress while we have those morons in charge desperately trying to recoup the money they've squandered.

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Some of them might be in prison soon.

kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and ELLERS like this.
  7. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

I think it will be pretty tight at the bottom of the division come the end of the season. We can't afford to rely on dead meat there, because no-hopers have a habit of coming to life in the final quarter.

8. YorkshireHoopster

And what's the betting that if that does happen, the club Ie (the fan base) is punished with a points deduction and fine while the nonentities who run the game and supposedly consider whether someone is a fit and proper person to own and run a football club do not?

9. YorkshireHoopster

And what's the betting that if that does happen, the club, ie (the fan base) is punished with a points deduction and fine while the nonentities who run the game and supposedly consider whether someone is a fit and proper person to own and run a football club do not? This was always intended to be a reply to your post not mine. I don't normally comment on my own!