1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Camp & Patterson

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ninian opinion, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Both played v Burnley in the reserves or whatever they're called these days.

Selection issues in the weeks to come for Warnock.

ps. Also Pilkington scored. Has he been totally forgotten for the first team?

2. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I'm a bit more worried about Jazz. Was playing some good football at the start of the season. In my opinion Jazz is much better than Bennett.

Onto Pilks, I think he has played his last game for City and I think he has to move on in January for his own sake. He's one that can switch it on when he wants but it's only when he can be bothered.

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Jazz is a right back who can play left back.

Bennett for me is the better player.

Pilks may get back in if we lose Tomlin.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do you mean to jail?

I like Bennett as well. Better left back than a converted right back in Jazz.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Yes - but hopefully hes innocent.

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I see he refused to enter a plea as opposed to his co-defendant who pleaded not guilty.

I don't know the significance of not entering a plea. can anyone explain? Not from personal experience of course. <whistle>

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you enter a "no plea" then the magistrate records it as a not guilty plea for the pupose of the hearing.

It's something to do with the magistrate having to decide the likelyhood he has enough authority to hand down a sentence severe enough for the charge if found guilty. I think the maximum he can hand down is 6 months imprisonment otherwise he has to refer the case to Crown Court.

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Breaking a jaw is GBH as opposed to the lesser offence of ABH. GBH carries a maximum 5 year sentence but sentencing is subject to plea, previous offences, victim statement, and all the circumstances.

One can infer that if a jaw was broken someone committed GBH but there is a defence of self defence. Who threw the punch? Was it a joint venture?

All will become clearer in weeks to come.

Has the club stated they were aware of this before splashing out an alleged £3m on him? If it was declared then surely the club has total confidence in his innocence? Either way it's bound to affect his performances and may explain his sitting on the bench.

9. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

According to Warnock it was 1.5m, still a huge sum of cash for someone potentially facing time behind bars. I highly doubt it was made aware prior to his signing but as you say mate, I think this has had a major effect on his performances.