1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can Only Be A Good Thing

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderlad, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

With all that has happened in the last few days and the transfer window now less than a week away, do you think that we may have turned more heads about coming to Sunderland.

If any signings from abroad such as Socco or Banega or in the UK (who hadn't played in the Capital Cup) this surely can only serve as a plus point. A chance to feature in a Wembley final and maybe the chance to feature in Europe next year?

Maybe Mr Short has loosened the purse strings???

2. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Yes, the delight on ellis's face was clear, he's a fan, it all improves our clout imo

3. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It may help sway a players decision if their first move is to look at our league position and assume that we are heading down.

I'd like to strike a note of caution here. We aren't out of the **** yet. It's already been noted on another string that the smoggies got to 2 finals and were still relegated. I think some on here are getting a little carried away.

Things are definitely moving in the right direction, and by nature my glass is always half full, but there's a lot of work still to be done.

On the pitch we have to translate our cup performances into our remaining league games. 6 wins may be enough to keep us up. Off the pitch, we need to sign a quality striker in this window who will deliver before the end of the season. Neither have been achieved yet.

4. Sunderlad

Totally agree with you, we DO need to move our cup performances into the league. I was merely stating that the players we have been rumoured to be interested in. Would be great to get a marquee signing but league survival is paramount.

5. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

That would be awesome mate. As I've said before, I just don't have bloody clue who we should sign <doh>

Glad it's not my decision!

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

This bloke from Valencia sounds the bollocks. He's created 25 goal scoring opportunities in 17 games.

7. Sunderlad

I do like the look of Banega, very good playmaker and can dribble, pass and score goals. THAT would be an amazing signature if proved true.

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

That's the fella.

9. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I think a win against Stoke would help, if were out of the bottom 3 it makes a move to us look a lot more attractive.

10. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Agreed. Wednesday is a massive massive game for us. Plus I got a tenner on us being out of the bottom 3 before the end of January.