1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cans

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Roland Deschain, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Agree but think the northern half of the Lake has miles better scenery than the southern half.

That being said my favourite place in Italy is Florence. It’s an absolutely beautiful city with masses to see and do. And they have a football team handy as well.

Do love Italy as well and was looking to go to south west corner this summer until c-19 kicked off.

Sheikh_of_Araby and Flash like this.
  2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Stayed in Malcesine a couple of years back and went up Monte Baldo. Absolutely stunning.

I love Pisa but Rapallo and the Cinque Terre are different level.

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Malcesine is beautiful. From memory I think they have an annual festival which I happened to be passing through Malcesine at the time. Stopped just outside Limone in an Hotel overlooking the Lake and the views when the sun set over the Lake were amongst the best I’ve ever seen and the bonus was we had a room with a veranda overlooking the Lake and were seated for “dinner” by a large window overlooking the Lake eating fabulous food and drinking outstanding wine. Fell in love with Italy there and then.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Malcesine is stunning. I went end of July beginning of August. Busy and roasting. But I would go back in a heartbeat.

Limone is interesting. Every shop seems to have a lemon theme (for obvious reasons.) That cliff face at the harbour is as ome thing else.

5. Wuffler

Wuffler Well-Known Member

Cans? Stuff that! I'm celebrating with a case of Corona...Ah! :bandit:

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

really wanna go to Florence for 2 reasons:

1- medici history
    2- I have a new friend who is a tenor based there I’ve promised him a pint as he sang Nessun Dorma to the florentines from his balcony whilst on lockdown. It’s the guy from the vid I posted a bit back.

the other place I wanna go is to Bocelli’s home time Adjaco (sp?) East of Livorno and Pisa as he does open air opera there in the summer.