1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Derby County

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Diddicult one to call this, they beat us 2-0 in the corresponding fixture last season....but we are a different side these days! I've gone for a 1-0 win, but one we could lose too! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Cardiff will be without midfielder Craig Bryson, who is ineligible to play against his parent club.

Joe Ralls could return but Jazz Richards (ankle), Aron Gunnarsson (hip/thigh), Callum Paterson (knee) and Kadeem Harris (knee) remain out.

Derby County will be without striker Mason Bennett, who could be out for up to six weeks with a knee injury.

Midfielder George Thorne will not be involved as he continues his rehabilitation after injury.

SAM's prediction
    Home win - 48% Draw - 27% Away win - 25%
    SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts
    • The Bluebirds have lost two of their last three home league games against Derby (W1), as many as they'd lost in their previous 14 games against the Rams.
    • The Rams have never won back-to-back away league games against Cardiff.
    • This is the fifth consecutive meeting between these sides in which Derby will be managed by a different manager - Paul Clement, Darren Wassall, Chris Powell and Steve McClaren were in charge for the four games in the previous two seasons, and Gary Rowett will take charge of the Rams for this game.
    • This is only the second time Cardiff have gained as many as 23 points from their opening 10 league games - the other season was 2006-07 in which they also won their 11th game.
    • The Bluebirds have lost only one of their last 12 home league games (W8 D3), though this was against last season's Championship winners Newcastle (2-0 in April).
    • Derby haven't kept an away clean sheet in the Championship since January, conceding in each of their last 14 games in the competition.

2. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Feeling okay about this one. Would probably settle for a draw in reality.

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Richmond Won today in the grand final....<party><party><party><party><party><party>

4. Eric Le Merde

Playing against the rams will your team know which way to turn ?

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nah Eric - we'll let 'em come onto us and then close our legs.

As far as punt on the game goes this afternoon, I can only get just better than even money on a City win at full time.

Bit too short for me so I've stuck £20 on City/City half time/full time result at 11/5. Get out of the blocks quickly please City!!

I'm going to pick some scorers at the ground when the team is announced.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

OK Ralls in for Bryson otherwise the same side that beat Leeds. 8 quid on Damour to score @ 13/2 another 8 on Ralls @ 9/2 and another 8 on Bamba @ 11/1 _ that's me done for now.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Hope Bamba doesn't get ideas above his station and sticks to the job in hand.

Plenty to come off the bench as well.

Peeing down in Cheshire. If its the same down there the ball will zip about. Need a couple of the mid fielders to put their foot on the ball when needed. Also need players following into the box for loose balls if the 'shoot on sight' policy continues.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

OK here at the mo remote. Gone for the 3 midfielders again to get a goal - one must score eh? Would have gone for Ken but the odds are too short - only 6/5.

9. ccfcremotesupport

I'm hoping that the cork has popped with Ken and we'll see a few more from him in quick succession.

Ward and Bogle on the bench to keep him on his toes.

Looks decent odds on the midfielders though Sparkey. As you say, one must get one, surely. <cheers>

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Game being played in midfield - no real quality no score and nothing really in it. That's 20 quid down the ****ter. <laugh>

Just looked - City 11/8 to win it in the 2nd half.To hell with it, I've still got my scorers so I'll trust in Colin to do something to win and I'm sticking another 20 quid on it.

11. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Hate to say this... but our game is the only goalless game in Championship!!!

12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

When the fun stops pal...stop! <laugh>

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

The fun stopped at about 10 to 5.........<laugh>

.....but whadya know... just got back in and thiose kind people at B365 have refunded my original £20 stake money. :1980_boogie_down:

I'd forgotten their offer of stake money back on a half time/full time forecast if the game ends in a goalless bore draw. 20 quid back in the bin. <ok>

14. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Where was our zip? NW really should have replaced Damour & Zahore on the hour for Tomlin & Ward (if not from the start in hindsight). A real lack of creativity in central midfield plus Zahore had a mare.

It was Derby who looked more likely to score towards the end; Etheridge again did well.

Point a fair result.

15. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Derby were the worse team I've seen this season, the dragged us down to their level.

Half the Ninian stand fell asleep.

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Poor game all round. Derby lived up their knickname Direby and we more or less rolled over and sunk to their level.

Warnock's magic was missing yesterday. I couldn't understand him bringing Feeney on and leaving Ward to sit it out - we had the supply chain but no punch.

17. Eric Le Merde

Looking uneasy ?

200.gif

18. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

3-0 and without your only decent centre half for how long?

19. ccfcremotesupport

Good job they've got decent CBs and are not relying on some rubbish like Bamba!!! I mean, both of theirs are better than all of ours.

Ccfc4ever likes this.