1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Carlisle v Argyle

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nauris Bulvitis has clearance to play......so should be on the team sheet tomorrow.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Improving with only a 1-0 defeat.....seems like a very poor first half again....improved in the second half ....but no real threat in front of goal.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not great is it. Went out today so have no idea what the game was like just the score when I got home. No goals out of 2 games is not quite what I expected.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Not to worry. ....every time we got promoted over the years we normally started off badly.:biggrin:

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Very adverse reaction on Twitter - relegation a foregone conclusion, club (principally Adams) has let good players go and bought duds etc. Some blatent unfairness: i.e. claiming 3 losses out of three when away at Reading was a thing apart.

However, poor performance at front and back is very worrying.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not much happening in the middle either...............<wah>.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

It can only get better. :emoticon-0133-wait: Another ex player signs for Everton.. Bolasie.. we let him go.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

hp has a point there folks. We do start badly in promotion years generally. (he says grasping the straw firmly in both hands).

I'm not so sure we just let Bolaise go Joe. Weren't we up **** creek financially then and to be honest would have taken anything for any players we had. It is sickening to see them go so cheaply from here though. I think somewhere along the line we get a payment out of this but not sure why and how much. Have to say that Bolaise was more headless chicken or Bambi on ice when he was here and has developed an awful lot since leaving. Well I thought so anyway. He had those funny legs that could telescopically extend sometimes and get a ball you thought he had lost and at other times he would fall over his own toes out of nothing.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yes he has done well .. i saw him last year play for Palace and he was very good. I remember him here, as he was quick and looked good, but as you say he was a bit clumsy.. Like alot that come here then move on and do wonders..