1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carroll owes us a good game at Newcastle

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by carlthejackal, Mar 29, 2012.

1. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Despite the amazing fact that whenever he starts we win, Carroll has not set the team on fire. He owes us a good game at Newcastle.

I think the stats means he should start every match for us. At his age and the team is not playing that many games, he cannot be THAT tired. Will Kenny play him though? Hope he does.

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

If he can score the winner Newcastle are not going to forgive him.Come on Carroll.<ok>

3. moreinjuredthanowen

eh..... i've given up on andy carroll....

kenny clealry is seeing soemthing in him he doesn't like and i suspect its ryan babel syndrome.... this affects the sufferer through profound lazyness.

I was at one game that pepe reina had to go back onto the team bus and wake mr babel up cos he was still on the bus outside the ground when everyone else was inside... Is andy like this?

4. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Well we'll see if there's a relationship problem soon. Kenny talked about changing to more direct tactics. If he does this & still doesn't start Carroll then we'll definitely know something's up.

I do find it funny that in the first 6 months it was hard to find a good word about Carroll being said & Kenny getting stick for buying him.

Now that Kenny is the favourite scape goat, a stat is dug out & Carroll is some poor footballing genius being left on the bench just to annoy us.

Reality is somewhere in between me thinks. KD tried to protect AC from harsh expectation but was rarely rewarded with a gut busting performance when he did start him. Although much improved maybe it's a case of too little too late in Kennys eyes.

Yes, I agree on one hand that if a players presence on the pitch helps win games more than when he's off it need serious consideration. But on the other hand you have to way up the negative effects on the rest of the team of continually selecting a player that can't be arsed.

All complete speculation of course.

5. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I think Liverpool FC owe us a win. <ok>

6. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<ok><laugh> They do! And we always seems to play better against the better teams so hopefully we'll wake the **** up and kick Newcastle's arse! Cmon you REDS!

7. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I remember thinking before the Wigan game, after such a bad run we are bound to win this one. Now I have no idea how Sunday will go. I just wouldn't be surprised any result to be honest. Win, lose or draw. <ok>

8. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's what I thought but like I said we do tend to up our game against the better teams so hopefully we'll win. Atm we've been getting really bad results so I'd take a scrappy win, don't care how we play atm just hope we ****ing win! <ok>

9. moreinjuredthanowen

I really can't beleive that some others cannot see that this is merely a choice in terms of formation and players.

kenny i think is of the opinion he NEEDS 3 men in midfield... spearing and henderson and gerrard. NOw that adam is out MAYBE kenny will rethink this and go 4-4-2 and accept the midfield can't get up and down.

kenny is also making a direct choice to pick kuyt. He is making a choice not to leave suarez out.

Add these choices up and carroll is the odd man out... its that simple.

If we play 442 arroll will play. if we play 4-5-1 we drop carroll for suarez and its really simple, suarez will not defend out wide in a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 system, he just won't....

Itd be nice to think that this would work:

reina
    jonhson skertl agger enrique
    spearing gerrard
    kuyt suarez downing
    carroll

but in reality it doesn't does it?

10. carlthejackal

Full of confidence then <laugh>

But seriously, the stats speak for themselves. It may well be that Kenny has reservations about this or that. He may or may not like Carroll. But when the stats are so clear cut, what is there to think about? You play him you win; you don't you lose: not rocket science.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

indeed... carroll offers a lot in defense <laugh>

if kenny think his midifled is so bad he needs 5 in there then someone has to drop out.

12. DirtyFrank

I agree Carl:

For the very reason we are out of the running Kenny should put Carroll in for the rest of the league season. He arguably didn't get that run in the "no pressure" arena of this time last season. Well:

8 games, no pressure, fully fit. Let's see if Andys got it.

13. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

<ok>

The end of this season should be about giving some of the lads the chance to prove themselves, if they don't, they get dropped for youth or fringe. I don't think we will get much out of trying to play what could be considered the best 11 anymore. Personally I think Maxi would have had a lot more playing time if Kenny had a future for him but age is not on his side. It will be interesting to see what happens in the sumer compared to last summer. I expect no stop gaps such as Bellamy and not so much 'Youth for the future', I hope for Suarez type signings...towards their peak and ready to make an instant impact. Just hope it's not more like Downing signings.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

i've no issue with giving him 8 games.... again if kenny wants 5 in midfield do you want suarez dropped? the tactics of the day didcate that carroll doens't play... simple as. the terrible state of central midifeld is dictating things IMO.

IMO on maxi.. he's got no legs at all, and has been injured... same for aurelio... giving us nothing those two.

On downing... he's simply gorssly underperfromed and nobody can say why. he's a decent player, not 20mil decent but far far better than he's giving us... why? who knows... there's a risk with any signing this can happen.... I'd rather you say no more andy carroll's myslef... 35mil for what? he's a 10mil player max.

spearate the player from the signing and i still agree with oyu that he can be given games but only if the formation allows. suarez is better therefore he starts. simple. talk about signins and its fairly clear carroll is a terrible one for the fee.

15. DirtyFrank

That's fair enough MITO but take that thought to its obvious extension and you would say we need to get rid of Carroll regardless of original price because he's never really going to fit: to get any money back you would need him to play & play well for a series of games. Would you want that having to happen next season.Or now when it doesn't matter.

As there is no pressure, play Suarez (with license to roam) on the right for rest of the season. After this year Suarez should know he's part of our future plans & not take the hump.

For league why not this;

Spearing Henderson
    Suarez Gerrard Downing
    Carroll

Kuyt,& Maxi are not the future & going by selection this season on the way out.

Bellamy as good as he has been again is on the wrong side of his career.

All of the above can't tell us anything in the remaining games(league)

Now, I still hold hope for Carroll so this would suit my purpose too.

16. carlthejackal

The tactics of the day should be....to play Carroll. If we are serious about getting points then we need to look at which formation will give us a win. Surely Carroll and Suarez can play together, with 4 in midfiled or Suarez dropping behind Carroll to do a 4-1-1.

Some of us seem to have given up on our performances in the premiership. This should NOT happen IMO.

Where we finish is very important. We may not be in contention for top 4 or even top 5 but there is a difference between finishing 7th and finishing 10th, which is a real possibility if we do not get enough points. Does anyone of us wish to finish below Swansea, Sunderland or Everton?
    I honestly think finishing that low in the league will severely dent any triumph we may feel if we won the FA Cup.

17. Fixed <ok>

18. We should be looking to play 4231 and, IMO, these are our line-ups...

First Eleven:
    Reina
    Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
    Lucas - Spearing
    Suarez - Gerrard - Bellamy
    Carroll

Second Eleven:
    Doni
    Kelly - Carragher - Coates - Aurelio
    Henderson - Adam
    Maxi - Shelvey - Downing
    Kuyt

That leaves us with Jones, Flanagan, Robinson, Wilson, Wisdom, Sterling, Coady and Ecclestone in reserve.

19. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

I dont get this anti Carroll thing

IMO since Xmas big Andy has played very well, and Kenny f**ked up big time not startin him v QPR or Wigan which we lost.He should be startin every game, is form has been good enough
    His close control, build up play, general all round game has been very good, the only thing hes missing is regular goals, but its not as if he been missing chances hes just not had any.Dont get me wrong hes not a £35m player(that was another Kenny mistake) put he can defo do as good a job,and is doing as good a job as say Crouchie who was a good LFC player .Personally I think theres a persoanlity clash between Carroll and Dalglish

20. moreinjuredthanowen

i'm not perosnally Anti carroll.. i merely have to point out it was simply crazy to offer 30mil for him then up that to 35mil for an injured player. but seeing we own him now... I think he's distinctly adrift of the player i saw playing for newcastle prior to his injury.

he's decent on the ball when in form, but his ability to get in the box after linking up play is severely limited.

again I have to say suarez will not defend so he is never going to play in a wide slot in a 4-2-3-1 as a full back will suffer there. 4-4-1-1 is fine by me, i just think kenny feels the midfield is awful so he's packing it to make the numbers up.

the best we can do in a 4-4-1-1 is

reina
    johnson skertl agger enrique
    kuyt spearing gerrard downing
    suarez carroll

is agger or johnson anywhere near fit? is bellamy?