1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cellino considering future as Leeds United owner – ‘It's been a nightmare

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, Oct 30, 2015.

1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

http://talksport.com/football/massi...-united-owner-its-been-nightmare-151030172443

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has admitted he is considering his future at the club, admitting his spell in charge at Elland Road has been "a nightmare".

The 59-year-old Italian lodged his appeal against a second Football League ban in 12 months on Wednesday, having failed its owners' and directors' test last week following another tax conviction in Italy.

Steve Evans recently became the club's sixth head coach since Cellino took control of the club in April 2014, but he has yet to win in three games and Leeds are without a home victory in nearly eight months after Thursday night's 2-0 defeat to Blackburn.

"I'm losing my balls," Cellino told The Times, who have reported rumours of renewed interest in the club from Red Bull.

"Ten years ago, I had more balls, but since I came here it's been a nightmare.

"Now I have a low quality of life. I feel shame when I walk to the shop to buy cigarettes if we lose a game.

"I convinced my family to come here and they have run away.

"It's like being at a party where you're not welcome. It's killing me. Every night I lie awake, asking myself, 'Am I good enough?'."

If Cellino loses his appeal he will be banned from office until June next year. His previous disqualification in relation to a tax conviction in Italy ran from January to May.

On his latest conviction, for failing to pay VAT on an imported Range Rover, Cellino said: "It never went out of the garage.

"I sent it back to America and bought my son a diesel car the day after.

"The holding company cannot keep this club without me running it. To save money I do 20 jobs. If they ban me and someone else comes in who does not fight for the club, it is dead."

The former Cagliari owner, who pleads his innocence in relation to an outstanding charge of embezzlement in Italy, added: "I'm not a coward. Life is not just about enjoyment. But I ask myself if it's better if I leave. Only failing to make the fans happy can hurt me.

"You think I can sell a club in five minutes? Who gets hurt in the meantime? Last season someone sent me a lot of bulls***ters."

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Confirmation that he put the club up for sale last week.
    Pearson is still rumoured to b involved as either part of a consortium or as the deal broker.
    Here is hoping.

Farsleyexile and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  3. Lion of Brisbane

Lion of Brisbane Well-Known Member

Was this missive fair dinkum? It reads like a load of crap to me. It can't be serious, can it?

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

He will demand top dollar for the club.add to that the cost of turning your ****e into a promo winning outfit its gonna cost the buyer mega mega bucks. cant see it happening anytime in the near future,Plus Cellino is a master of scare mungery trying to fool everybody into thinking you need him more than he needs you..
    which in fact is probably right. I think if he really does decide enough is enough he will strip you off all your assets first <yikes>

if you actually have any <laugh>

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

There are no assets so asset stripping is no longer a problem. But it will cost a fortune to buy and rebuild

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  6. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

If any of our "assets" need a hand moving on I will happily give them a lift.
    This Cellino statement isn't the start of the end, but it might just be the end of the start.
    **** off cellino and take Silvestri, antenucci, doukara, Sloth, Byram , Bamba, Wooton and Wood with you.

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Evans has said he wants 6 new players so expect Cellinos next move to be We must sell before we can buy <yikes> he is not going to spend anymore of his own money..
    then after the sales expect a few freebies or loans to arrive <ok>

8. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

There's not one player in the squad worthy of playing that level, so all of them can go **** off. Absolute shambles of a squad.

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Well said and that includes Byram, Cook and the rest of the home grown pets as well. ****in dire, the lot of them

Farsleyexile and Chippy / Glory like this.
  10. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

He won't go, much as i'd like him to, his ego is far too big for that to happen.