1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chairman's statement / newsletter

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by itstimupnorth, Mar 23, 2017.

1. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

A lengthy letter from Paul Scally has been made available on the OS

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/documents/gfc-supporters-letter-rev166-3639162.pdf

There are some interesting points and information made available in this letter. I'm sure that there will be discussion on this board about many of the points raised and will make my own comments later, although I couldn't help noticing the highlighting of "All this is a far cry from a cold wet day at Oldham, Bury or Rochdale ..."

Whilst of course there will be unanswered questions, I would like to commend PS on the release of this letter, as too often supporters know too little about some of the events that are going on in the background (for example Centerplate), and the release of even a limited amount of information is a step forward.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Tim
    I love your signature - but - I think that Scally realises that, [by the virtue of falling attendances], he has lost hope of retaining fans and has resorted to despair - by offering a two year season ticket to try to stop the stampede out of Priestfield............... I've said it before - if the providers of everything else in your life give you rubbish - you'd be mad not to stop using them.
    Scally can talk about a new ground ( ......and I'm not at all bored of hearing about it - as the subject enters its' third decade ! ) --- but if there is no 'product' on the pitch, fans ( brb - 'customers' ), will not ride the white elephant......... and talking of animals - if Scally pays peanuts we can only expect monkeys - and people want to see BIG 'game' ( big games ).

3. brb

brb CR250

I thought it was a very good letter BUT....I'm trying to restrain myself from writing a war and peace response.

4. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Keep your powder dry BRB, no doubt you will be needing it before too long.

brb likes this.
  5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Silk purse and sows ear spring to mind. A wonderful stadium where the echoes of cheers/groans against the empty seats and terracing do not fill me with anticipation. Wigan in their early new stadium days were and example.....and Darlington.
    Any move would have to be fit for purpose.....but get it right on the pitch first. We were close to that last season but an infinity away this.

brb likes this.
  6. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

With our own railway station as well? Suggestions for station name please.

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Pikey Halt.

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

King Cross Platform 9 3/4 all aboard the Scally Express