1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Season 2023/24 Commences 5th August

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jammy 07, May 23, 2022.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Watching that game… sides with quality athletic centre halves… Botman, aguerd for West Ham - really highlights the difference they can make. I know they cost a few quid, but guys like that would make such a difference to us

NostradEmus likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was only kidding, I think we’ll win tomorrow. I’m hoping we pull away from the scrap at the bottom.

Who knows, maybe Jesse will surprise me, didn’t Fergie nearly get the sack on his second or third season and then he won the FA cup and saved his career.

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was that their number 27 if so a world class bit of defending at the end

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Regardless of other results and in a way they’re irrelevant at present. Our target will have to be around 38 points. It’s a big ask but 6 points in next 8 days would make it a hell of a lot more manageable. Now back to my darts <laugh>

ristac likes this.
  5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Firstly 38 points probably won't be enough this season so personally I'd like 42 and a good goal difference.

Also we will not get 6 points from the next three games but good luck to you and your dreams <ok>

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> I don't have any scum mates.:grin:

7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm going for 10th

:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja

Jammy 07 likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I do

Irishshako likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Elland doesn’t count ;)

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Ok I normally do my lets try and predict every premier league result once the transfer window in January closes. For some reason I did one at the end of last year, even though we had played only one game since the World Cup, and given the managerial upheaval I decided now was probably to make my standard guess. Plus I'm bored :)

Obviously due to the nature of Jammy's little prediction challenge, I'm sticking with my actual prediction made on the 11 July, which overall wasn't a bad attempt, other than thinking West Ham and Villa would have good seasons, at least I predicted Chelsea having a poor season. Going for Wolves and two of the newly promoted teams to have a poor season was not a big stretch of the imagination, nor stating that Fat Frank would not do well with Everton, but I at least had Leicester struggling too.

A points total of 46 points for us, now seems a very bold prediction and hence I think I'm going to be well off the mark there, but 13th to16th position is still more than achievable, so lets see what the Aski super computer makes of all the remaining fixtures.

As per the last 3 years, I either predict a 1-0 home or away win or a 1-1 draw, so any position that relies upon goal difference should be taken with even more of a pinch of salt than the rest of the placings ;). Also the predictor doesnt have the last remaining fixture that a number of clubs still have to play following the Queen's passing in September, but given that if everything I have guessed turns out to be 100% accurate :emoticon-0102-bigsm, then those final games are only really crucial in respect of Brighton, Liverpool and Newcastle, and their push for Europe, in either the Champions League or Uefa Cup ( or whatever it's new name is ) ;)

As for us well I have us safe, but 12 points from 11 games ( we may need that final game not in the predictor fixture list) means that its going to be very tight and lots of nails will get bitten between now and the end of the season

upload_2023-3-15_15-58-42.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  12. LeedsRover1

LeedsRover1 Well-Known Member

Still sticking with my original prediction of 15th, but feel it’s gonna be a bigger ask than when I made it at season start. I did a reboot once we got into the World Cup break and we are 2 points less than the points I thought we’d have at this point. Hopefully the Javi effect will allow us to get more than my Jesse based predictions.

Back to the Rum Punch and goat curry shortly. Hopefully I can catch the Wolves match over here (Barbados) before we get back next week. MOT

Aski, Jammy 07, ristac and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jammy 07

This post from back in May 2022 sums up how this season has gone so far.

We've lost away at all the promoted clubs, Fulham, Bournemouth & Forest and it's been a very tough season for lots of established PL teams like Saints, Everton, Leicester & West Ham.

Four games to go and we'll be 17th with a very tough run in so not looking good is it ?

2 wins will likely keep us up though and maybe even a win and a draw would be enough.

14. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Swap Brentford with Everton and you'd have been spot on.

Don't think anyone on here predicted us 18th-20th.

Probably end up down on gd <doh>

Makemstine Roger and Jammy 07 like this.
  15. Jammy 07

The lowest predicted finish was 17th with most of us saying around 14/15th which means expectations for the season were fairly low.

Given that's we're currently 16th and will fall to 17th tonight it's only slightly worse than everyone (except wakey) thought.

Makes you wonder when the expected becomes reality why all the angst <whistle>

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We're moving soon, so we are packing boxes up in anticipation. This post is like the boxes I get down from the loft, we spend more time going through old photo's than we do packing them and reading back seeing how well old posts aged (or not) at least brings a smile to my face after another abysmal weekend of football

17. wakeybreakyheart

Oh was i correct then:1980_boogie_down:

Jammy 07 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

See i give you lot optimism and look what happens.

19. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Wow I was pretty spot on with the number of points from our first 28 games however totally wrong on on how many points from our last 10 games. Can we get the season postponed and base the final league table on my predictions instead

20. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Well based on the predictions way back in August last year, I managed to get 2 exactly correct, Man City and Palace. Whilst City winning the league wasn't exactly a long shot prediction, they at least were challenged for the majority of the season.

In addition got another 5 clubs finishing in the predicted part of the table. Arsenal and Liverpool finishing in the top 5, Brighton and Villa in positions 6-10th and Everton in the bottom 5.

Unfortunately unlike the previous 5 seasons where I've usually been within 5 points of our final points total, this years points prediction of 44 was way off, even my revised prediction back in March this year was over optimistic, as we fell 4 points short of that too

upload_2023-5-29_11-52-51.png

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Makemstine Roger likes this.