1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Those coming in and going out

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, May 26, 2015.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Preston North End have completed the signing of Exeter City’s centre half Jordan Storey.

The 20-year-old defender has agreed a four-year deal at Deepdale, joining for an undisclosed fee.

The Yeovil-born player came through the ranks at St James’ Park, breaking into the first team squad earlier this year and retaining his place as the Grecians reached the Play-Off Final at Wembley.

He played in the successful semi-final games against Lincoln City, as well as starting against Coventry City under the arch at Wembley, finishing the campaign with 17 appearances and two goals for the side that was then managed by Paul Tisdale.

After putting pen to paper with the Lilywhites, Jordan said: “It is a new challenge for me and I can’t wait to get started at a big club.

“The last couple of months have been great for me. We managed to get to the Play-Off Final [at Exeter City]. It didn’t manage to work out for us, but on a personal note, from where I have come from, it has been great for me.
    “I now want to learn as much as I can. The manager is going to mould me and build me into the best player that I can hopefully. It was nice to speak to him and to get to know him and I am looking forward to getting started.

“It is a cracking stadium and it is different to what I have been playing in regularly and I can’t wait to get started and show what I am about.”

2. themaclad

Greg Cunningham joins Cardiff think he goes with everybodys best wishes deserves his shot at the big time

3. themaclad

The Lilywhites’ fourth signing of the summer sees Graham Burke join Preston North End from League of Ireland side Shamrock Rovers.

The 24-year-old arrives at Deepdale for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

The Dublin-born player came through the same youth set up at Aston Villa as new team-mates Callum Robinson and Daniel Johnson, but returned to his home city, where he has scored nine goals in 16 league appearances already this season to sit joint top of the scoring charts.

Last month he was called up for Martin O’Neill’s Republic of Ireland squad for the first time, alongside Robinson, Sean Maguire, Daryl Horgan and Alan Browne and marked his first start, against the USA, with his side’s equalising goal.

That goal was the first by a League of Ireland player for 40 years – when another former PNE and Shamrock Rovers man, Ray Treacy, scored against Turkey in 1978!
    Speaking after completing the move to PR1, Graham said: “It was brilliant to hear the news of Preston North End’s interest. I was thrilled with the opportunity to have the chance to come to such a good club as this.

“It was also great to be joining a club where I know some of the boys, so it should help me settle in.

“I have kept a close eye on the club with the Irish players going over there and knowing the likes of Callum [Robinson] and DJ, so when I found out about the interest, it was a no brainer for me to try and get the deal done.

“It is brilliant to be part of this group. Looking at last season, we finished just two points outside the Play-Offs and to do that with such a young group illustrates the hunger that is there and I have the same desire to get better as a football player.
    “All young players want to improve and the ambitions we have as individuals and as a group are to get into the Premier League and all the boys will be fighting for that.”

Graham will join fellow new recruits Michael Crowe, Ryan Ledson and Jordan Storey in starting pre-season with Alex Neil’s squad when they join back up at the end of the month.

4. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Andrew Hughes from Posh, left back replacement along with Josh Earl for Cunningham. O'Connor probably out on loan again.

5. themaclad

The Lilywhites have completed the permanent signing of Peterborough United left back Andrew Hughes for an undisclosed fee.

The Cardiff-born defender has agreed a three-year deal at Deepdale until at least the summer of 2021.

Andrew, who recently turned 26, started his career at Newport County, before impressing at Posh, where he made over 100 appearances in the past two years, scoring four goals.

Having played alongside Ben Davies at Newport as well as against Billy Bodin in youth football, he will join some familiar faces in the dressing room in PR1 and admitted he is looking forward to getting started.
    Speaking after putting pen to paper he said: “I am delighted to get it over the line. It has all happened quite quickly and I can’t wait to get started now.

“I enjoyed myself in League One, but I am not looking forward to the challenge of the Championship. As a player you always want to challenge yourself at the highest level possible and I am looking forward to it.”

6. barnetpne

He looks a bit like Jimmy Anderson.

7. themaclad

Tommy Spurr season long loan at Fleetwood

8. themaclad

Doyle gone to Bradford undisclosed fee

9. themaclad

Brandon Barker from Man City season long loan

10. themaclad

Preston North End signing Brandon Barker believes he is joining a club where the manager will improve him as a player.

The 21-year-old winger has agreed a season-long deal with the Lilywhites and spoke to iFollow PNE at Deepdale after putting pen to paper.

And he said that the manager sold the Lilywhites to him and can't wait to get started: "I spoke to the manager and he did a good job of selling it to me," said the new No.21. "He is a manager I think I can improve under; he has a young squad with some older faces and I can't wait to get going.

"This is an exciting group to be a part of. They had a great start at the weekend and hopefully we can continue that. The ambition is to be a part of a side that is successful. That is why we are all here and we will fight to the end to hopefully achieve that."
    He agreed a year-long move from the Etihad and wants to build on his previous loan experiences and impress and entertain the North End supporters.

"I am delighted to get the deal done, as soon as it came up I was buzzing," he continued. "I have had a couple of successful loan spells and I am looking to build on that. Last year in Scotland I did okay and hopefully this year is the same.

"I hope I can show what I do in the games. Hopefully I can help the team as much as I can, work hard and try and give the fans what they want."

And whilst everyone says outwardly that the PNE dressing room is an easy one to settle into, Brandon already knows a few of the players he will be joining.

"I know a few of the lads in the squad. I played against some of them when I was younger and I can't wait to meet up with them and get started.
    "I have played against Ben Pearson, Josh Harrop and Ryan Ledson and I have known 'Lego' for a long time and hopefully we can do big things this year.

"I have heard that this is a good group of lads. The manager has spoken to me and told me that and I can't wait to meet them and get started," he added.

11. barnetpne

Does this mean that Robinson will be keeping the bench warm most of the season?

12. themaclad

He's a replacement for Bodin so may be right

13. themaclad

Preston North End have beaten off a host of clubs to sign Manchester City’s England U21 striker Lukas Nmecha on a season-long loan.

The German-born centre forward, who played in Aidy Boothroyd’s Toulon Tournament winning young Lions squad in the summer, completed his move at Deepdale on transfer deadline day and, subject to the appropriate clearances, will be available to make his debut at Swansea City on Saturday.

Lukas, who has taken the No.45 shirt in Alex Neil’s squad at Deepdale, has played for England through all the age groups, also winning the EUROs in 2017 with the U19s.

He has been with City through their youth system for over a decade, making his senior debut for Pep Guardiola’s side in the EFL Cup in December 2017, scoring the third penalty in their penalty shootout win over Leicester City.

He made his Premier League debut in April 2018, as a late substitute for Gabriel Jesus against West Ham United at the London Stadium and was involved in several games during the 2018/19 pre-season tour in the USA, competing in the 2018 International Champions Cup. The 19-year-old scored his first goal at first team level in a 3-2 win over a strong Bayern Munich side.
    Speaking after completing the move Lukas said: “Alex Neil has been a big part of my decision to sign. He is very passionate about the game and I am excited by the style of play that the club have been playing.

“This season we can go a long way. We play great football and I am here to add goals to the team. I am here to develop and give the club the best I can.”

Whilst manager Alex Neil felt the move showed the club’s progress: “We have been targeting this for a while now. I believe we have signed one of the brightest centre forwards in the country at his age group.

“Manchester City have got really high hopes for him. He has spent the last six months training with their first team and we have managed to persuade him that the next stage of his development is to come and play for Preston North End.

“I think it a huge compliment of what we are trying to do and hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial move for both parties.”

14. barnetpne

Should be quality after years with the England training set-up and 2 years with Pep.

themaclad likes this.
  15. themaclad

Kevin O'Connor on loan to Crewe

16. themaclad

Pringle to Grimsby season long loan takes to the end of his contract and Vermijl to Maastrict think that is a season loan as well that's his contract up as well

17. themaclad

Boyle to Dundee United

18. themaclad

Dundee not United

19. themaclad

Connor Simpson to Hyde on loan

20. barnetpne

All this 'on loan' illustrates a need for a new Pontins type League. I am sure Conor would develop more to AN's systems if he was part of a reserves' team: consistency through the club.

themaclad likes this.