1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Champs League Predictions

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Randy712, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Randy712

Randy712 Member

New Blog Post: UEFA Champions League: My Prediction
    http://the-beautiful-game.org/
    ---
    Barcelona vs Chelsea.

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid.

Those are the two Champions League ties that are set to take place in the coming weeks, to decide the continent’s top side. Barcelona are probably everyone’s favourite. And rightly so. Boasting a line-up that withholds Xavi, Iniesta and Messi – three of the best players to ever grace the game, they should make ease with most opposition. Despite their domestic frailties this season, Barcelona look too good on the continent and should get to the final in comfort.

Chelsea’s task is much, much harder. What Chelsea should draw inspiration from are the likes of Inter Milan in recent years. A resolute defending performance, whilst being clinical at the other end could nab a final place. Barcelona are beatable, but luck, above ability will be needed. However, Di Matteo’s misfiring Blues have had a troubled time this season, so a final spot may seem a step too far. They also have to contend with the upcoming FA Cup final, as well as combatting Spurs and Newcastle for the final Champions League place domestically. It may be all too much for The Blues.

Then Real Madrid. The enigma that is Real Madrid, should always be contender’s of the much coveted European crown, there is no doubt about that. But in the last 5 years or so, their dominance of La Liga has been put aside by Messi and co. Managers after managers have tried and failed to put Madrid amongst the European alumni but have failed. But in Mourinho, anything is possible – especially after he masterminded the Inter victory over Barcelona last season.

The last semi-finalist is Bayern Munich. The German giants have always been one of the best, dispatching of teams with consummate ease, but this season have been shadowed by the success of their Catalan counterparts. Defeating FC Basel 7-0 is no minor feat; this was the same Basel that withheld the Manchester United onslaught in the autumn. Players like Robben, Lahm, Gomez and Ribery are just a few of the superstars at the disposal of Bayern. Under the guidance of Jupp Heynckes, Bayern have the capabilities of defeating anybody.

There are many if’s and but’s with regards to the winners, but my prediction: the obvious choice is Barcelona. Why wouldn’t it be? But, something deep down says if Heynckes gets the tactics and selection right, the Champions League may be heading back to Bayern Munich. They may be more than a match for Barcelona.

Champions League Winners 2012: Bayern Munich? Not the obvious selection, but may be very worthy of it.

Comments (and predictions) welcome.
    ---

Read the blog: http://the-beautiful-game.org/
    Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/beautifulgame9
    Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautifulGame9

2. The Ginger Marks

Randy

Please don't use the Chelsea board as a vehicle for your second rate blog. <ok>

3. Randy712

Randy712 Member

No vehicle mate, just posted the article here. And thanks for the advice lad. Try not to use the forum to appease you're second rate life. I see you spend a lot of time on here :)

4. Randy712

Randy712 Member

<ok><ok>And also your view, just probably pushed it over for the 21,000 mark for the week. Still a baby. Cheers:smiley:

5. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Ouch someone hit a sore spot <laugh>

6. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Everyone's entitled to an opinion i guess!

7. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

It's actually a good article, we just don't want your advertisement on here pal <ok>

8. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

I just clicked on it and it is second rate, three easy steps how to suck eggs. Clearly lying about the hits he's getting because he feels the need to spam every post he makes with the blog.

What a ****!

9. Randy712

Randy712 Member

It's ok, you can spend all the time and down-rating my posts. Little do you see i get paid for every activity you do on there, so be my guest my friend, people like you drive me on!

10. Robby202

Oh no you don't Randeep, I run several blogs on Wordpress/Thesis and you will only get paid for people clicking on ads via adsense or similar. You have no twitter backlinks and no Digg entries or Google plus come to that. Besides having no content description or Meta keywords Google and other search engines will not be crawling your site anytime soon.
    So shift your boring lying arse off it pal <ok>

11. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I hadn't clicked on it as I was on my phone, I meant the thread he written was fairly good. I won't be clicking on that link though <whistle>

12. Robby202

I clicked on it, read two articles and found it sterile and patronisingly childlike, almost banal. Other than that it was alright! <laugh>

13. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Distinctly average then, much like the club he follows :grin:

14. Randy712

Randy712 Member

The cheek! Oddly enough you lot make me laugh, I always like a wind-up. Best of luck for the rest of the season! (no sarcasm intended)