1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prince Bone Saw’s Toon thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by cini65, Apr 1, 2020.

?

How long until they’re calling Staveley a useless old slag?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2021.
  1. 4 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 18 months

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Protests outside her house after 2 windows

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool and Spurs declared profits of circa £120m between them in their last set of accounts, yet they’re among the first to furlough non playing staff.

The game is rotten to the core.

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

I was thinking about it this last night. Everyone will be keeping a close eye on what some clubs do in the transfer market this Summer.

afcftw likes this.
  3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Hopefully it’ll crash the money in football overall but I doubt it. They’ll still do big business.
    I’ll be really pissed if Leicester do this. I don’t know what backgrounds other owners are from across the board but our owner must be feeling this more than a lot with it being airport duty free with the lack of travel. That aside, regardless of his main business struggling, the fact is that there is enough money going straight into the players pockets to avoid this

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I don’t think we should tar the rest of the clubs with the same standards set by the rats running the likes of Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool.

There’s some good clubs out there, with owners who actually have some respect for their employees. We are not one, but we can’t afford the bad press so I can’t see us furloughing staff. If we do I’ll never step foot inside OT again until those rats are dead/sell up.

Libby likes this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Liverpool will pay the money saved here by furloughing staff, to a vermin agent, that is almost certain.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. Libby

Libby 9-0

Seventh richest club in the world and spent over £30m on agent fees last year.

Can't afford to pay people's wages of 8 quid an hour though. You'll never walk alone. Or something.

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'm fully expecting Saints to follow suit unfortunately. Patiently waiting for news on whether we'll be topping people up or not.

Football needs to be careful here, there were a lot of people who were falling out of love of the game anyway and this could push many over the edge.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  8. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Glazers are thinking now as their cash cow has dried up?

9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

PL clubs shouldn’t be using a scheme designed to help SME to not let their staff go and to keep in existence - it’s not for firms to keep paying their expensive staff and for the Government to pay the wages of the cheaper staff.
    If any football club uses this scheme as it says it hasn’t the money to pay non football staff then how have they the money to pay the players - selfish directors paying selfish and pampered ****s.

As was posted previously, if you use the scheme then transfer ban for next 5 seasons as a penalty, and I ain’t kidding. PL clubs are rich and have the capacity to pay all their staff and even more so if the players took a wage cut.

10. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

YNWA
    youll never work again

Lovearsenalcock and afcftw like this.

11. Tel (they/them)

Has it? Elaborate please, cos if it has I’m excited about them ****ing off.

12. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Ashamed of spurs...it is a shameful way to behave...never been a Levy out but unless he reverses this decision he needs to **** off out of our club.

You can afford to pay your players hundreds of thousands of pounds per week but can't afford to pay the lowest paid staff £10 per hour?

Bunch of untter ****s

...and that includes toon, norwich, Bournemouth and Liverpool too...they have all shamed their fans.

13. Tel (they/them)

Reversing his decision will still make him an utter ****. I’d spit in Woodward’s face if he walked past me after furloughing our staff, I hope you lot remember this decision, especially those Spurs fans like HIAG who worship the ground the prat walks on.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah it's tragic. Has anyone ever felt more disconnected from the game? If we don't top our staff up when we inevitably follow suit I think I'll **** it off.

No surprise that pretty much every poster on the Liverpool board is calling this for what it is except one.

15. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Whos the one?

16. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Sadly I think Libby is correct and you will be able to add us to that list soon .

I think despite their best intentions this Furlough business is. Now seen as an easy cop out for all big businesses . It wasn’t designed for football clubs or F1 teams , it was designed for small businesses and their often low paid staff . Just my opinion .

When you see Mike Ashley , Phillip Green etc using it , you know they are taking the pi$$

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    afcftw and remembercolinlee like this.
  17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Even if the club do top it up, they've still taken the furlough money from the government. Which ultimately gets paid back along the line, but not by Spurs and Liverpool etc., obviously.

Scandalous decision by these clubs, I genuinely hope the Corona virus ****s premier league football in the arse forever.
    Let's get back to some form of normality, wages and image wise.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  18. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

And with wonderful timing I have been sent an email asking me to take up 2 season tickets as of next season as I have moved up the waiting list*

*i have been on the waiting list twice, as the first time I got to the top I was going through a divorce and Arsenal didn’t seem to understand why I didn’t want to buy my soon to be ex wife a season ticket !

19. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Did they atleast offer to place her two seats away from you?

gooner4ever likes this.
  20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Prior to this some spurs fans disliked his lack of spending and some thought it was better to be careful with the spending but almost all recognised he had done well by us.

No idea why other fans hated him apart from he tried to buy low and sell high.

I personally liked that we spent what we could afford and did not pay the highest wages or biggest transfers but since the new ground was built we have started to lose our way as a club.

But this decision is ****ing disgraceful and unforgivable.

I doubt you'd gob in Woodward's face mate...you always come across ok to me... but then again I don't know you personally but this ain't about spurs fans "remembering" it.

We ... like all football fans are pretty powerless...either do not go and miss out on a fantastic day out with your mates and kids or....go to the ground, join in the songs, go mental when we score ... all with your mstes or kids or with strangers...it is a huge decision to quit something that enriches your life.

I have had to go less cos of money but have said to my girls that I am seriously considering jacking it in cos I hate my club acting like ****ing weatherspoons or Gordon ****ing Ramsey and they are in full agreement.

As for HIAG, he wanted Burnley to slaughter us to "shame Levy into spending more money"...not only is he not a Levy fan... he ain't a spurs fan either.

BobbyD, gooner4ever and afcftw like this.