1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charities

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of you have noticed the number of charities that have appeared on screen during the "lockdown" ? ....... I have noticed a number that I had not seen before, ... I am not saying that they have not been there. I seem to notice them all now, but have given up counting well into the twenties.
    Some of these appeals are very disturbing and touching, and it's so very, very sad to see those small kids drinking filthy water, resulting in so many deaths,. It is so bloody terrible to see these kids supping this crap, when we in this Country waste a huge amount of water every day. ............ I am a Annimal lover, and it really hurts me to see the way that those poor Donkeys are treated, and discarded when they are of no more use, many are left with legs and hooves completely distorted. How cruel can humans be !
    I notice that the Salvation Army have put their oar in now asking for 15 pounds, they were asking for 19 pounds at Xmas. ............. Sad, sad, sad, that there is so many Charities, when there are so many so called. Billionaires in this World that don't even know how much money and assets they have, and all they seem to want is bloody more . Take Green, with all his Yachts, and then we have Branson with his private Island. ....... makes you bloody sick, ........... and we feel so helpless.
    One thing niggles me about charities is the amount deducted for staff, and the. BOSS?
    I would like to know what percentage is taken out for staff, and the person in charge.
    We prefer to donate locally to charity, and as far as animals are concerned , we have delivered blankets and towels personally . ........... Sorry if I have made you bloody miserable, then hard lines , join me, but you must feel for all these poor kids and animals. ....... WHERE IS OUR FOOTBALL ?

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Your last question supposedly returning on the 20th ? we'll see
    Regarding charities, as you do I try my bit but you can overwhelmed at times with all the requests so I now as painful as it may seem ignore the ads , we can't feed the world regardless of that Bob (millionaire) Geldof said we should . Ty Hafan Scope, Bernardos and Cancer research all receive monthly small amounts and that's all I can do. Life is unfair but even the United States Declaration of Independence makes that statement that all men are created equally and look whats happened over there for the past 300 + years and today.
    I agree some Charity bosses incomes are obscene and no amount of excuses will make me think otherwise
    Try not to fret Victor , if you can't control the situation just make sure it doesn't take control of you

3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

4. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

What to say? It's a sad state of affairs when there is so much disparity between the wealthy and the poor but, as I may have mentioned before <whistle>, it's greed that makes the world go round, nothing else. It's humanity's worst and most prominent trait and that will never change. With massive over population and all that entails I can only see humans getting greedier as resources dwindle.

The problem is that it's the leaders, governments and despots that have the most greed - for power, wealth and ego - and they dictate (as dictators do) what everyone else does. And so in the face of overwhelming odds the many, many good and kind powerless people can only affect the smallest change and usually just locally.

I worked for a large charity (who shall remain nameless) and they had the best of intentions from what I could tell in my lowly role but it annoyed me that the lowest paid workers were expected (and didn't mind obviously) to go out rattling the collection tins to collect pennies when they wasted much greater amounts on middle management and on the HR side of things.

My Father-In-Law was an avid giver to charities and it really annoyed us that, rather than being respected and appreciated for his generosity, he seemed to get on some sort of list and was getting bombarded with more and more postal charity requests from charities he'd never heard of or given to previously. And of course he felt pressured into giving to them all. I think the elderly are very susceptible to this and are ruthlessly targeted.

5. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Totally agree with the above posts. ........ Because of the greed of some horrible people, many charities have to go without, and suffer because of shortage of funds.

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

You would think that with all the money raised by charities and billions spent worldwide by govt international aid budgets there wouldn't be a hungry dirty water drinking child out there

I read somewhere that there's over 200 homeless charities in london
    200 ceos
    200 groups fundraising
    Etc

Yet there is still homeless people in london

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Homeless people have increased Wales because, its big business .