1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Athletic vs Norwich City, Sun, Jan 9th, 14.00 hrs

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Jan 6, 2022.

?

Who will be valiant at the valley?

1. Charlton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Norwich

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Diss male voice choir

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Handley and Ozan got a well deserved clean sheet with Jacob screening them .

No disrespect to Charlton they are currently a mid table League 1 side but we still looked comfortable.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  2. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Did you not see the first half buddy?

zogean_king likes this.
  3. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Longer highlights. I was waiting for the match to get uploaded on channel 10 today, but it didn't! They have all the other FA Cup matches except 3 which weren't on their upload.

Sargent... I so want him to score, even if it hits his knob and goes in, poor bloke can't get a break!

Bure budgie likes this.
  4. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Self-belief destroyed by the treatment handed out to him following that penalty incident v Liverpool in the EFL Cup? To quote DF: "He won't do that again". A nineteen-year old remember.

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Don't think it's that, really. Christos came back into the reckoning under Farke. I just think that the PL is a big ask for a 19 year old new to English football. I'd say the same about Sargent at 21, who still brings a lot without scoring. Perhaps he could do a Mulryne with a crafty deflection off his posterior! ;)

zogean_king and Canary Rob like this.
  6. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Rubbish.

7. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

If there was a designated penalty-taker, the captain on the night (Hanley?) should have taken control of the situation and told Tzolis that Idah was taking it. If no one was designated, it doesn't look good on Farke.

Although it sounds from what Farke said publicly that Tzolis accepted the dressing down, it's possible that he resented this internally, especially if there was already some bad feeling towards Farke within a small group of players stirred up by one particularly unhappy player.

I know the last part is pure speculation, but the sooner he is gone, the better. Even if I am totally wrong in my suspicions that he was fanning discontent among the young players, the situation dragging on cannot be doing the club or the team any good.

8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

He was exiled from the first team for some reason.

9. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Yes, but that reason could be as much to do with Farke as with Cantwell.

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

If Tzolis is so mentally fragile that he can't take criticism then we need to get rid , Farke is long gone and he's still crap.

carrowcanario likes this.

11. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Could be, the trouble is your obsessive hatred of Farke makes it difficult to take you seriously on the topic.

carrowcanario likes this.
  12. GozoCanary

Yes, that's possible. But wherever the blame lies, we need to move on. Farke has gone, so let's pray that Cantwell is gone as well by the end of the window and the club can put this behind them.

I think I've always made clear that I think the psychological aspects of sport are just as important as the technical ones, and we really can't afford to have this dragging on any further, setting fan against fan, fan against club, and doing who knows what to the atmosphere within the club. Why have Brentford done so well while we have done so poorly when their players as a whole are probably no better than ours? One important reason is that they've got the kind of squad, club and fan unity that we had in 18/19, and don't have any more.

Bure budgie likes this.
  13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The latest from DS on Cantwell:

"Todd Cantwell missed Sunday’s game at Charlton due to illness and with speculation swirling that clubs including Newcastle and Leicester are interested in signing the attacking midfielder this month, Smith said the 23-year-old should be involved on Wednesday."

“There’s been no developments at all,” he said. “Todd has been ill, that’s why he wasn’t in the squad at the weekend, he didn’t train on Monday as he was still feeling ill. I expect him to train today and to be in the squad.”

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...normann-rashica-return-gilmour-injury-8612676

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  14. GozoCanary

It's possible, if only because Cantwell realises he needs a couple of stand-out performances if anyone is going to bid for him.

On the other hand, we've heard this so many times before.