1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Feb 25, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

My first visit to the Valley and the second half was up there with the start to the season performance wise. Two fine goals and excellent game management with our midfield trio back on form. And what an atmosphere. I also thought the Charlton stewards and fans were excellent - proper football people. A few more performances like this and we can still dream of automatic promotion. Despite his penalty miss I would give MOTM to Nolan who dictated the tempo throughout. If we can stop our pitch from freezing on Tuesday a trip to Wembley beckons.
    Come on you blues!

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wasn't able to make it however within the first few minutes I thought we were in for some trouble but Town managed to quell that initial drive and to then turn it around and begin the attack. Nolan did not make good with his penalty attempt and from watching the video footage he should have raised the height of it if he was aiming down the centre of the goal. Rodman had a really cracking goal and luckily went into the net as it would've been disappointing if it had bounced out again. Beckles' goal was also a cracking one, there seems barely any time between the corner kick being taken and it landing in the back of the net, it is amazing what can happen when a good corner is kicked.

Regarding Nolan,there were quite a few positive comments from Charlton fans about him. Also picked up that they aren't enamoured with Kai Kai...

3. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Yes Kaikai had a poor game but it always struck me when he played for us that despite some good goals he was not a team player like our current wingers Whalley and Rodman are. I had a brief chat with Rodman's father in the ticket queue at the Valley and was pleased for him when his son scored.

Matster likes this.