1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton v Millwall...updates & post match comments

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Loving 3-5-2, think we're playing well and look comfortable in possession. Massively missing Kermorgant up top though.

Pritchard must struggle to pass water when he goes for a lash...!!!!!!

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Sitting in Covered End...sense our crowd is on the turn after this half of utter cack. Sort it out Powell

3. ybabobmij

ybabobmij Active Member

Sounds like a few boos at ht. no atmo at all on the telly.

4. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

The cameras are really highlighting how average we are.

Also, from watching at home it looks like a lot of my West Lower Block have stayed away.

5. User deleted as requested

Piggot has been hopeless. No way ready for this level. Have you ever seen a Charlton side that is technically poorer than this one ?

Hamer's kicking is a f..... Joke

6. The Kish

Also the coverage of South East London is so condescending it's a surprise that they never asked Louis Theroux to present it.

7. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Bloody hell ! We look average tonight, heres hoping a switch is flicked in the final 30.

8. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Well, this is us. Neither the performance or the result so far. Maybe CP could try changing something round?

9. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Stewart on now for Wood in the 57th minute.

10. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Pritchard/Piggott off, Sordell & Harriott on in the 72nd minute.

11. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Well this has been hard to watch, great to see them but some of the players look to me like they have bricks in their boots. No gusto whatsoever.

12. cafcjohnnyboy

cafcjohnnyboy Member

We could play for another hour and I doubt we could muster another shot on target.

13. User deleted as requested

I can't see how Powell can survive after that.

It was embarrassing.

14. The Kish

Now is the winter of our discontent.

15. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

As I said, neither result or performance. I don't care that we usually lose to Millwall, that sort of performace is unacceptable. How we played so badly for so long without Powell thinking he should make a change defies explanation.I'm just happy I mad no attempt to watch that.

16. Leaburns legs

Leaburns legs Member

Vol- please tell us who we are going to replace Chris Powell with. I'd love to know who you think will make the difference on this budget with this squad.

17. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

He and Church got nothing today - no service, no support - the midfield was a bloody disgrace.

Almost as embarrassing as that performance was the sight of the Jimmy Seed stand filled to capacity with the wind howling through the empty seats in the rest of the ground.

Don't know exactly where we go from here, but I do know that I want Chris Powell to stay where he is.

18. Jimmy The Addick

Vol, seriously, getting boring now mate.

That was shocking, but the team is the problem. Sorry but i am in the worst mood ever right now and glad i did not go to the game. If i was at The Valley right now i would be waiting in the car park for Slater and Co. If that pile of **** we just watched does not show just how big a mistake it was not to invest in the team i give up with football.

Main gripes with today.

Pritchard. I normally love Pritch, and cant fault him as a bloke, but today he was dreadful. He is not the person you would want trying to pass the ball around in the heart of your midfield, the guy is a dogged defensive player with a box to box attitude, not a playmaker. However, i do not even blame him for how bad his game was today, and il explain why in my next moan.

Dale Stephens. Dale Stephens, even his name is annoying me at this moment. The man cannot tackle, cannot pass, has f*** all idea when it comes to positioning, and bottled several challenges today that were at least 70-30 in his favour. He is that bad, i would rather play with 10 men. He seems to have some form of worth hidden somewhere in there, he was pretty good when we signed him, but since half way through our League One winning campaign, he has been absolutely awful in every way possible.

We might as well change our name to Kermorgant FC, he seems to be the only player we have who has any idea how to switch things about. Powell clearly wants the boys to try and keep the ball down, yet all they do is pass it backwards or sideways, get jumpy and hoof it up. When Kermo is on we have a player so determined he will get on the end of those panic passes more often than not, but when you have players like Church, Piggot and Sordell, all strikers in the poacher category with a bit of pace about them, you are going to get nowhere.

If i was Chris Powell right now, i would be going mental. Quality wise, we should all be aware we do not cut it. But the commitment and drive in that game was a disgrace. Powell made some good substitutions today which is rare, but nobody on that pitch in red today looked worthy of the shirt if i am brutally honest. I am disgusted

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Same old <ok><cheers>

Have i ever mentioned...........................

20. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

God we were awful today but we only lost because Millwall had one of the few shots on target in the first half which took a wicked deflection else the match would have been a 0-0 bore draw.

Credit to Millwall's tactics though, they didnt stop running and closed down the ball really well (Dont know how they were in the poor situation they were in (unfortunately even though the Derby 5-1 was good to see it probably gave them the unfortunate kick up the backside they needed))

Just one slight reminder though, we lost 2-0 at the Valley last season and that performance wasnt much better than today, as a result we went on a great run and finished 11 places in front of Millwall... One result (especially this early) DOES NOT define the season!!