1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread charlton

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

so we have been given a second chance to close the gap on the top two , form stats show shrewsbury 8th and charlton 10th lee bowyer was less than pleased with there last game and some changes on the line up may be made.
    due to suspension town have to do without Beckles will miss his hit , i assume Lowe will slot in to his place?

Hurst has asked for as many fans as possible to come and get behind the team. let us hope town can produce a high tempo press all over the park performance and score early
    will Hurst go for the 4-4-2 or the lone forward and if so who will it be morris or payne ?

Matster likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

so Morris is leading the charge and lowe is on left back

3. Zenfootball2

a frustrating evening town punished for not taking not scoring in the first half when charlton were there for the taking .

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A very frustrating game. We could do easily have won that game in the first half. Lack of accuracy up front, very poor corners and free kicks. Morris up front by himself is not working at the moment, he keeps having to roam to either wing to hold the ball up and that leaves a gap that doesn't get filled in the goal area. Nolan needs to take more shots at goal too.

Sam Jones looked promising and did some good runs, Abo Eisa also had some positive runs but looks like he could bulk up a bit.

5. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

An absolute disaster. Charlton were decent but not as good as Plymouth and Rotherham were at the Meadow. To get beat at home and not even have a shot on target was embarrassing. I am afraid that Nolan, Godfrey and Nsiala who have been so good all season are abslotutely shot physically and mentally. Barring the very unlikely event of a complete collapse by Blackburn it looks like the play-offs now and we could be going into them in our worst run of form in the whole season. Hurst needs to pull something out of the bag and surely some of the squad players need to step up against Bury. I would rest John, Toto and Carlton and start Omar ( at centre half) and Luke and Stefan. I would like to see more of Abo as he went pass his full-back very easily a couple of times and we need all the fresh legs we can get at the moment.