1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charnley

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hung Drawn and Quartered, Jul 17, 2019.

1. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Where did I say he was astounding? You were comparing him to Pardew who has won nothing in management. You think he was lucky to win all these different things in different countries, I don't.

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Wish I had that sort of luck.

upload_2019-7-18_15-29-23.jpeg

Santaseyebrow and RobEllious like this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Our fans are a bit mad. They either love you and idolise, or you’re a ****ball and useless. Some managers can be middle of the road! Pardew did a similar job to Benitez in terms of results. Both were very good fits for Mike Ashley - but in different ways.

Benitez being a negative tactician was the ideal guy for Ashley as he was clever at extracting performance from an average squad. Contrary to popular belief, many would have fancied keeping our squad up. On paper it was never one of the worst three. I just think Benitez managed a bit better than that. He was also good for the fans as he was ultra professional. However his use of the press and unwillingness to accept the job he signed up for, was not good for the club.

Pardew was a good fit in terms of his ability to work on a shoestring and getting the results. He was also willing to take Ashley’s ****. However his behaviour at times was just not a good look for the club.

missingno likes this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Take Alan’s pommel end of your mouth mate I can’t hear you properly.

You’re just like your lass at times..

5. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Albatt , infighting will beat you's before a ball is kicked, for me Rafa got away with, what Sam didn't , because he sugared the fans by popping at Ashley.
    In 45 year of watching NUFC his football was up there with Gordon Lee ( Geoff Nulty et al) anyone else would have been crucified but he uses the media well.
    My good Mag pals have never forgive him for how HE set up and got you relegated at Villa. Bruce's teams are better to watch, Campbell, Gyan, Bent, Wellbeck, we can only dream of that now. KTF

Southerner likes this.
  6. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

I dont require luck.

7. missingno

missingno Active Member

Nobody wins anything without an element of luck

8. missingno

missingno Active Member

No, you say that much that sooner or later something is going to be right

9. Warmir Pouchov

No infighting mate <laugh> I'll leave ACS to explain.

I hope you don't mean Sam Allardyce when you say Sam. He may have been popular with Sunderland fans, and brought in some decent players. However you can't compare that with his time with us. He wasn't disliked because he didn't pop off at Ashley. He was hated because he served up the worst football in Newcastle's recent history and was an arrogant **** to boot. The signings were horrific too. When you consider we've had the likes Kinnear, McClaren, Carver for a spell, a completely inexperienced Shearer, then I think that tells you all you need to know. He ranks below all of them. There were lads I've went to the game with for 30 years ready to chuck their season ticket if he stayed. Nobody can say for sure but I'm pretty convinced he'd have relegated us - people say we had points. We did from the early game but we barely won a game between October and his departure. 60 yd bombs from the boot of Amdy Faye to Martins and Owen. With all due respect to outsiders, those who say Allardyce was given a rough ride haven't got a clue.

He's the single worst manager we've ever had in my time watching Newcastle bar none. Benitez's football was a hard watch at times. but compared to Allardyce, Benitez was the equivalent of Jurgen Klopp. It was 100% correct he got booted. I'm a critic of Benitez football but comparing him with Sam is massively unfair. I watched both, its night and day.

Allardyce should not be allowed near football either. He is low life scum. The England debacle and the murky stuff in the past with his son. He is exactly the type of person that anyone with a modicum of respect for the game, would wish to be as far away from it as possible. Sunderland must have been thanking their lucky stars he didn't manage to bring that shame on them. Though Margaret Byrne proved more than capable of filling those shoes.

As for Bruce he is a bit of a relic. What I think most fans would like is for us to be a little progressive for once. It won't happen on Ashley's watch but I think we long for a time when we get a modern manager playing modern football. The crazy thing is our stated policy is to buy young players. Why would any young player want to come here? We have a manager who plays old school football and an owner who won't invest in the training ground and youth set up. Bruce will get my support as has every manager who walks through the door. That's our job as fans, to support. It doesn't mean away from a Saturday though we can't look and think "**** me that's a backward move".

RobEllious likes this.
  10. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

You weren't impressed then ? :emoticon-0107-sweat
    Bruces football wasn't too bad.

11. missingno

missingno Active Member

Sam only failed at big jobs

12. Warmir Pouchov

Nah I wanted to kill the ****. I couldn't get my head round his signings or his tactics. When he came I thought not my cup of tea but give him a chance. After a good start I thought, well the footballs ****e but we are doing ok, maybe we'll improve. Then step by step it just got worse.

I still maintain it doesn't mean he did a bad job elsewhere, just he was a shoddy fit for our club. I suppose I'm probably seen as a bit daft because I'm less bothered about results. I love football and love to see it played properly. On the carpet as Bobby would put it. All that percentage football under Allardyce, playing for territory etc, working off stats, you can stick that for me. Stats are a useful back up guide to confirm you are doing the things you set out to, but if you use them as your starting point I think you're a bit nuts.

I thought Bruce did canny for you's really. Too many loans maybe that second season which I always think is a bit short term thinking. He bought/loaned some decent players though like Sessegnon, Gyan, Bent, Welbeck, Mignolet, Cana. Some proper footballers among that lot. 13th and 10th were decent finishes. That season he got sacked, I just think he did bad business. 12m for Wickham <yikes> (though he was fairly highly rated)

Ghostinthehouse likes this.
  13. missingno

missingno Active Member

Bruce will get us back on course on to the Newcastle United way

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

What way is that then cobber?

15. missingno

missingno Active Member

Was being facetious.

16. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Why don't you f*ck off for good.

17. missingno

missingno Active Member

I’ve only been here a few days lmao

18. missingno

missingno Active Member

Here for a long time not a good time

19. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

**** off Fredor <laugh>

missingno likes this.
  20. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

You'll be hoping you don't laugh your arse off, otherwise you'll having nothing to wipe your foot prints out on those Aussie beaches.