1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea request covid id proof

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ovid-test-ahead-of-mens-and-womens-home-games

Chelsea to ask fans for proof of vaccination or negative Covid test ahead of men's and women's home games
    Chelsea supporters must provide proof of double vaccination or a negative lateral flow test before attending games at Stamford Bridge or Kingsmeadow this season; club says "this is to increase the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff"

They added: "This is to increase the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we begin hosting capacity crowds for the first time since March last year."

Chelsea supporters will need to prove their second vaccination took place at least two weeks before the match they are attending, or provide proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of the game.

The checks will be carried out by stewards before fans enter the stadium.

Chelsea's move comes just days after PA Media reported that the government and the Premier League were in talks over proposals that would prevent fans who are not vaccinated from going to games.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Yet these people can go to nightclubs and mix and be all over each other

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Personally I would feel much safer knowing people around me are either double vaccinated or have had a negative test, whether or not nightclubs should do the same is another issue, I just think it’s a good thing for football stadia to introduce.

Red Robin likes this.
  4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

100% agree with you in my fifties which apparantly is vulnerable I'm double jab-certainly don't want to catch it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    AshtonRed likes this.
  5. Angelicnumber16

It's going to be a huge challenge for places like stadiums, large concert halls etc to see proof from every person attending that they've either been double jabbed or have had a negative test that same day.
    It could also cause massive delays to events if you consider that at Old Trafford with a full house they will have 76,000 people to check individually !

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

I’d rather queue than risk dying, I know that’s simplistic. I guess it’s down to personal choice but I won’t go at present, if enough stay away it may be worth their while .

Red Robin likes this.
  7. Angelicnumber16

I get that, but it just paints a possible picture of total chaos everywhere if this happens.

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Like it or not the fallout from this awful virus will live with us in some way or another for at least the next 3-5 years, and possibly even longer. Our world will be divided with the un-vaccinated getting short shrift when wanting to attend or visit large crowd events, and regrettably that has to be the only way forward. Individual countries will have to decide what road they will travel in order to bring this scourge under control and currently Canadian officials appear to be heading towards "vaccine passports" along with our great un-vaccinated neighbours to our south.

People who deliberately decide not to get vaccinated certainly have the right to refuse but they have to realize that our world has changed beyond belief in the last 2 years and their part in it may change dramatically by choosing not to get the jab. There is nobody on this planet that chose to allow this virus in to our lives but the pure fact of it's existence will mean we have to belly up to the bar and take what it will allow as a normal fact of life.

On a purely personal note I have a serious issue coming up ahead of our family reunion at Whistler for which we have all waited for over 2 years. Ann and I are both Pfizer double vaccinated and our son has had one dose of the same, but our 21 year old grand-daughter and her boyfriend, along with our son's partner and their 2 children (6 and 10) are all totally not vaccinated. I know the chances are slim and yet the health authorities are still telling people to take the usual precautions as before when in that kind of situation, but it would be a real damper on the long awaited reunion.

The family members who are eligible for vaccines still have time before the trip to get their first jab, which would make us more comfortable, but I know the minute I bring up the subject all hell will break loose and the trip will be cancelled.

My final message to the ones who have chosen not to get vaccinated is to please rethink your decision because you need to know that we all need each other at this momentous time in our history and being able to safely share the good things out there would be a beautiful way to move forward far away from this mess.

Red Robin and AshtonRed like this.
  9. AshtonRed

There is no easy answer, I understand completely what you’re saying, but as much as we may wish it, things aren’t going to be back to ‘normal’ for a considerable time. The government are in talks with the PL and once they agree I think the championship will have to follow suit. I hope I’m wrong but once winter kicks in I worry the figures will rise again.

10. Angelicnumber16

As the uptake of the Covid vaccine has been quite low amongst younger people, it will be interesting to see if football attendances, including the Premiership fall by any noticeable amount if spectators need to provide proof they have been double jabbed.

Redprintt likes this.