1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Sep 14, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

So ... I am too busy dodging piss soaked socks and assorted missiles at the nuthouse to write a match day thread for you Europa League match and your dumbass club screws up the match day organisation.
    Thank **** you weren't running life in Britain in the 1940s...if a few thousand pissed up cologne fans are able to panic kronke can you imagine the carnage the SS ****s would have caused <whistle>
    And before some of the pc mo fos start mouthing off about me labelling all Germans as Nazi's just remember this...I am her to mock you lot not the Germans <diva>
    So there are pictures from the emirates showing arsenal season ticket holders having to be dragged into the ground.
    20170914_220241.jpg
    Anyhow...did you know that since 2014 Chelsea have had 1 premier league goal scored by an English Striker...how ****ed up is that ??? Mind you not as ****ed up as worshipping a **** like John Terry :bandit:
    You lot battered Bournemouth so are feeling confident and have enjoyed a Wenger in week.
    Chelsea are in decent form since the Burnley game so Conte is...well Conte ish!
    I think Arsenal will get something from the match cos they can not afford another capitulation.
    It's on sky so I am clinging onto the slim hope that Wenger will rip Conte's rug off on live tv but am guessing I will have to settle for watching blud fam committing hari kari on Arsenal TV after you get your ases handed to you on a plate.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Sign Da Ting, PINKIE, BobbyD and 2 others like this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Troopz is hilarious.
    Not sure who the **** taught him to speak.
    I am pretty sure his parents don't talk like that.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

HAHA thats what he went for too!!
    I was taking the piss <laugh>

HAHAHA

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Hard to make a case for anyone else really. They've got some very good players but all are probably a little below our equivalent. Courtois over Cech, Hazard over Ozil etc.

Doesn't mean a lot in a one off game though. Arsenal can be great on their day - like the cup final.

Over a season though, top 4 looks very difficult again and they have no chance of the title.

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Paul Merson should just be put down for the good of humanity.

-------------------------Courtoise----------------------------
    Azpilicueta------Koscielny----Cahill--------Kolasinac
    ------------------Kante------Fabregas----------------------
    --------------------------Ozil-----------------------------------
    -Hazard------------Lacazette-----------------Sanchez-

I actually think player for player its close.

Courtoise vs Cech - Hard to call Courtoise is younger more athletic but Cech is super solid and consistent.
    Azpilicueta vs Bellerin - Again hard to call. Bellerin is better going forward, he's quicker but not as good defensively.
    Kolasinac vs Alonso.The big Bosnian was the best LB in Germany last Season and I think he will get the same honour this year in the EPL. All round powerhouse. For me this is the signing of the Summer.
    Ozil vs Willian. Ozil doesnt tackle enough but Nobody in this league creates more.
    Lacazette vs Morata. Both have started well. I wouldnt swap though! Lacazette is quick and scores more goals. Morata's all round play is better.

Player for player though its surprisingly close. Arsenals biggest issue is we lack quality in the two deep midfield positions. Xhaka is a good player but we are really struggling without a quality DM/Box to Box.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Cahill??
    I wouldn't have Cahill even in the plain old Chelsea squad if I could help it.
    Let alone in an Arsenal/Chelsea XI.

9. TheBear

I dont actually mind him. He can defend.

I feel like Luis, Rudiger, Mustafi and Koscielney are all too offensive. You need an out and out defender.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I dont know, Luiz has gotten his **** together now.
    He had the reputation from his first tenure with us as this gung ho, ball playing, attacking CB.
    But Conte has all but carved that out of his game.

11. TheBear

The main conclusion I get from our starting 11's.Is that Conte is cleearly the better manager.

Arsenal also have a big defensive midfielder shaped hole in our squad. Coquelin and Elneny would barely make any TOP 10 sides starting 11.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Coquelin is okay.
    Not sure why he got Elneny though, he was a January purchase right?

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair to Merson, he was picking a team based on the 4231 formations that both sides will probably play so Ozil misses out to Hazard and Sanchez in the attacking wide forward roles, which is a no brainer. Ozil probably behind Willian and Pedro on current form as well but not particularly relevant given they both were left out. Kolasinac looks a very good buy but probably too early to put him at Alonso's level in the P.L. Alonso was great last year, especially as a wing back and his goal threat adds another dimension.

Luiz is by a county mile the best player either team has at the back so has to play; especially in a back 3.

Morata and Lacazette is a 50/50 as too early to really judge them. Koscielny maybe would get in a back 3 as well.

So you can have 2.5 arsenal players ;)

Bodinki likes this.
  14. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

If this was at The Emirates (or Wembley!), I'd fancy our chances but I absolutely do not rate our chances at Stamford Bridge. I'd snap your hand off for a point. It'd be a great result, especially with how unbalanced our squad is and how unpredictable we can be.

Sign Da Ting and TheBear like this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think we need to try and set up to counter Chelsea, because if we try and play our game of tippy tappy, then they are going to murder us on the break as we are soft as **** through the middle. If we try and soak up their pressure though and hit them on the break I think we could get something from this game.

Would start with a 4-3-2-1. Sanchez, Lacazette and Walcott up front and I'd play Coquelin and Xhaka in the middle to give a bit more bite, Ozil just ahead of them. I'd also like to see two CB's so Kos and Holding please, with Bellerin and Monreal at RB & LB.

16. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

We will lose 4-0

We will lose all our away games to last years top 4

17. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Sanchez on the bench

18. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

Sigh

19. Sign Da Ting

I’m really starting to believe that Wenger is trying to get himself sacked for a good severance pay. Either that or he’s really become senile. Do managers get mentally evaluated often? I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely asking.

20. Sign Da Ting

Breaking news: we’re playing ****.