1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I wouldn't say it was too much respect, if was more him picking the wrong line up.

Disgusted that Cahill has come back in. He lost the ball in some dangerous places and he's just not suited on the left side with his right foot. All we did was pass the ball around from luiz to cahill who then had to go backwards before it goes to dave to run up field a bit. (Wenger was smart to stick a man on Luiz).

We had no control in midfield when Fab was there. Even then taking off pedro instead of willian (or fab) was a mistake. Willian and fab are both players who like to come to the ball and drop deep. There was absolutely no one to make runs in behind minus pedro.

Very disappointed to draw this game.

StanDMan likes this.
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have got big problem.
    Just like last season, we have 10 pts after 5 games.

Last season -
    Conte decided Cescy isn't going to start a game
    We had Costa.
    No Europe
    Luiz wasn't a clown

This season -
    Conte hasn't decided to bench Cescy, YET (I can hope)
    We don't have Costa. Morata is still settling.
    Europe. No Depth in squad.
    Luiz is clowning around a lot
    Strengthened Jose & Sabotaged our midfield
    Teams will be motivated against us (Champs)

Top 4 is not possible at all. #Cescy & #Cahill Out, only hope.
    For all you morons who think #Alonso is #Carlos - today was a prime example.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure about luiz clowning around a lot. He was man of the match for me this match til he dived in and scythed kolasinac

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even clowning around Luiz 100 times better than calm Cahill.

How I wish Cahill had picked another RC.

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Dare I say it but I think Arsene Wenger has finally worked out how best to play against Chelsea, after years and years of trying and failing<laugh>

Chelsea just couldn't get at Arsenal like they normally can, largely due to the work rate defensively of the Arsenal attack. Chelsea for me just couldn't find the space that they normally can, and this was the reason for the lack of chances in the game.

Diego likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Not for the first time during transfer period, we don't seem able to recognise that our glaring ,obvious and most hopeless area is MIDFIELD. Every game we lose or draw is down to lack of midfield control. It is absolutely crazy to expect Kante to perform week after week after week and then to expect Bakayoko, a young inexperienced kid, will come to the rescue. Fabregas is incredibly limited in his ability to contribute against quick and aggressive defences, as he showed yet again. Add Cahill to the mix and our trouble is doubled. I don't agree with Stans' constant bagging of Alonso, because by the time they get to him, the attackers have already rolled our midfield or run onto a through ball, leaving Alonso flat footed. Cahill does not cover that problem well. Time to blood Christensen and bench Cahill, and start looking for a another midfielder with skill, vision and aggression.Don't think that's Drinkwater. Veratti anyone? PS Morata deserves a kick up the ring for giving in too easily to handbag tackles. He needs to be told to fight to keep his feet until he's genuinely knocked down.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Bodinki likes this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This

Been saying this for years, the position next to Kante (it used to be next to Matic) was the weak point of the team.
    Am hoping Bakayoko will eventually be the answer, he is looking good so far.
    But he needs time to adjust.

Drinkwater certainly isnt the answer to anything but the question "What do I do when I am thirsty?"

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Until Bakayoko or Drinkwater get a run of games next to Kante we just won't know if they are the answer. We know what Fabregas can and can't do. I don't think yesterday was the day to be playing Fabregas in that position.

Arsenal are also slowing becoming a bit of a problem side for us and we need a way to counteract that. They seem to work a hell of a lot harder against us than other teams.

Ultimately we are still only 3 points off the top having had a freak opening day game and then 3 top 7 teams and Leicester away since. So it's not a bad haul. Hazard to come back properly as well.

It's not all doom and gloom!

Bodinki likes this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup.
    A point against Arsenal is not a disaster.
    Were it not for the Burnley game we'd be with the leading pack.
    We have 10 points after 5 games, last season we had 10 points after 6 games, so provided we dont lose our next game, we are doing better than last season when we won the title.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Don't tell Stan, not sure he kept the receipt for the jumbo pack of razor blades he bought on Saturday evening....

Bodinki likes this.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Last season began the same way.
    Everyone more or less wrote us off and was busy jacking off to the Manchester clubs.
    Until about 15 games in when it became apparent that neither club were going to challenge.

City I think will end up exactly where they were last season, top 4 but no title challenge.
    United should show improvement, they have a much more balanced side, and Jose has the whole second season thing, where he has won the league in his second season at every club he has ever managed, so they should figure, and are my favourites.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Yep, far too early to be confidently judging anyone. Manchester clubs look impressive and have to be considered favourites at the moment but we will see. United particularly haven't played a top 6 side yet and had a very favourable start.

I think we are a little short in squad depth and it's very hard to retain the title. Spurs and Liverpool look like they will be inconsistent due to Liverpool's ****e defence and Spurs having no real home games.

My money is on City. I think Jose's conservative approach to the big games will actually cost him.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think Pep's Gung ho approach to all games will cost him.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

The only thing i would say about that was we went on an unbelievable win streak mid season and with no CL footie. I don't think any of us can expect that again.

Arsenal are in turmoil and they have a terrible away record and got smashed by liverpool. Everytime we play Arsenal i feel we are too conservative, we can sit off against certain teams but arsenal are the sort of team you go out and bully.

Really disappointed to draw against them

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Nah thats why I dont fancy us to retain the title.
    I think 2nd or 3rd is probably what we will be looking at.