1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea v Man City

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

With the news that Kompany is out tomorrow clearly that porous looking back line is the biggest problem for Pellegrini to address.
    In many ways both sides will likely play into each other's hands with Chelsea preferring to play on the counter and City looking to dominate possession and it's set up to be a much better game than last years corresponding fixture when Rafa spoilt the game with his mustn't lose ethos.
    Be interesting to see who comes out on top of Fernandinho and Ramires for the watching Brazilian coach as both look to show their World Cup credentials.After a slow start Fernandinho is really finding his feet and his partnership with Yaya is getting better by the game,they will be crucial tomorrow in shielding the back 4 from the impressive Chelsea midfield.

If Garcia is persevered with at centre back then Richards and Milner,who I expect to start on the right, need to be very aware to cover his lack of pace and I suspect it's an area that mourinho will be keen to target.Whoever gets the nod there,be it a very left footed Lescott & Nastasic partnership or Demichellis/Richards with zabaleta at right back it's going to be far less secure than it would've been with Vinnie there.

Considering all the plaudits that Arsenal have received this season so far,it's actually Chelsea who have impressed me more,mourinho appears to have whetted Torres appetite and they look like they are ticking now.
    Would take a draw without question
    On the virgin train at 10-30 to Euston in the morning,anyone else heading to the. bridge?
    Preferred line up
    Hart
    Zabaleta Richards Nastasic Clichy
    Milner yaya Fernandinho
    Aguero Silva
    Negredo

Probably just posting to myself but hey ho

2. Breakingbad14

Breakingbad14 Active Member

Draw

However if city play to their expected potential and hype they really should win. United used to get difficult wins there and these do give confidence.

Chelsea have been below parr and lack lustre. No sparkle yet. Arsenal have been impressive despite their blip this week.

3. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Really pleased lukaku was loaned out again
    What an odd decision that is

4. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Joe Hart...England no 1

5. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Below par and lack lustre, comical.

6. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The United used to get wins there was my favourite but. Zero legit wins at the Bridge in 10 years.

7. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Laughable ****er <ok>