1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v PSG

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

The whole team was a mess that day. When the midfield let Khedira run totally unmarked into the area there are a lot more problems than just one defender.

Terry played in some awful defensive performances for England too... like the 4-1, which was against a German side that were far younger and less experienced than the one that tonked Brazil.

These are just one game examples and mean little. Fact is, Luiz is great at what he does, put him in a side that plays in a way that suits him and he's very good. Same goes for Terry.

I feel I should point out after all this praise of Luiz that I don't actually like him, I think he's one of those players that gets away with a lot of dirty play and cheating because people think his antics are funny. It was the same with Balotelli for the majority of his time at City.

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

No he didn't, Costa put his head in and Luiz moved his out of the way, stayed on his feet and then went to make his point to the ref. Costa was lucky not to get 2 bookings in that incident and I can only assume Luiz got booked for something he said to the ref because for once it doesn't look like he did anything wrong.

Source(apologies for the music):

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

and before that, Luiz elbowed Costa full blooded.

Refs & Linesmen had an awful day. end of.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I personally don't think it's a case of a style not suiting him, I think it's lack of concentration. He (mostly) looks good in big games because he is really focused and doesn't try silly things. I always liked him at Chelsea because his drive, will to win etc is infectious.

However week in week out in the league he made constant errors that we're mostly down to lack of concentration or trying silly things rather than where on the pitch the defence were lining up.

He's certainly not 50m quality.

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ha. I'm a donut, you're a prick. Let's leave it there.

StanDMan likes this.
  6. JCC87

JCC87 Member

Whole team selection was sketchy last night. Since the turn of the year, barring a few results such as Swansea, Everton and Liverpool in the Capital One Cup, we have been well below par, but one of the best players for us outside of Hazard has been Willian, yet in a a game that is pivotal to our season he is left on the bench. Same goes for our 26M pound signing Cuadrado.

In this below par period, both Fabregas and Oscar have been terrible barring one or two performances. Dave has not been at his tenacious best and vanished last night in the final half of extra time. Plyaers were so lazy it was unbelievable and I would have preferred to have seen Luis, Zouma, Cuadrado, Willian and Remy play instead of Dave(out of form), Cahill(can't pass forward well), Fabregas(horrible without the ball), Oscar(childish antics that got him booked and nearly sent off) and Costa(showing the fight but not enough football).

We definitely need a change in impetus. As soon as Ibra went off we should have reverted to putting Ramires in central midfield alongside Matic and pushd Fab into the 10.

We never got a penalty and Luiz should have gone, not to mention Verratti who committed about 7 fouls and got away with two pull backs off the ball. But Ibra was wrongly sent off and Oscar and Costa could have easily went too. Only one man to blame and that is Jose, he set the team up, he gave the pre match instructions. If we blow the league he may as well be as good as gone. Don't think the Capital one Cup will be enough.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I have mentioned million times and will say it again. Last season was the easiest season for him to win the league.
    He used some horse analogies, did some vanity (nando) project and goofed up big time.
    Winning would have removed the pressure off our team and City will be going through a overhaul like Manu.

This season league is not easy even with the 5pt lead and stuff. The manner in which lost the CL is not going to help.
    Even now - Jose is a as good as gone, League isn't given.
    Roman won't be too happy.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

I feel a bit sorry for Ibrahimovic now as he will have to serve a ban.
    He is not the nicest of players but a perfect gentleman compared with the Chelsea 11 who were selected.

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

You've been mugging yourself off on this thread now for about 18 hours. Put it down to experience and move on.

10. Bwood_Ranger

I assume it'll be rescinded. Was a yellow at worst even if the entire Chelsea team minus goalkeeper was in the ref's face a millisecond after and it was actually Oscar who went in studs up

Busy Being Headhunted likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Sky are reporting UEFA as saying no chance of rescinding.

12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

If he wasn't sent off, everyone (not just us) will be talking about How lucky Ibra was.
    That was 50-50 for red card all day long. Oscar did built that up. But that is nothing new for football.

Nonsense about rescinding. No chance.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

No chance it'll be rescinded. It probably wasn't a red but not clear cut enough to rescind.

Makes up for the red Veratti could have got for repeated fouling in the first leg or the one Luiz could have got yesterday.

14. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Well the Chavs have been surrounding and hounding officials for years now, it's nothing new.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ha. You've been getting wound up, I've been taking the piss. Let's leave it there more like <ok>

16. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Were Chavski Sunderland in disguise, we never know from one week to the next whether or not we will turn up..(Against Vile on Saturday nobody is expecting anything cos' we could be great, average or hopeless) Your team with your players should be much more consistent...at times they were walking through the match and in the end deserved to lose. Ibnvitch should not have been sent off, I think the ref already had the Red card out before you surrounded him. Costa should have had pen, although he could also have been sent off for various offences. The Ref was not very good but I doubt anyone could have done much better it would have ended with 3 or 4 players from each side sent off. After the Manure dive fest earlier in the week, I expected Chavski to turn the power and creativity on...damp squid, perhaps your manager is not all that special?

17. Bwood_Ranger

Then the game has gone soft. No studs, not particularly high. If he sends off ZI then he really should be sending off Oscar too. The triple role and pike probably sealed ZI's fate far more than the challenge.

18. Blueman

Neh neh neh neh neh neh<doh>.

19. Blueman

Our board pal. Do one.

20. Bwood_Ranger

Never said it wasn't, as sad as your "it's my ball I'll play how I want" mentality is. You're just coming across as a rather aggressive child that's all.

PINKIE likes this.