1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v PSG

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnn.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He does seem a bit tetchy

3. Blueman

Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnn.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Go to bed :tongue:

Bwood_Ranger likes this.
  5. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

What is the forum equivalent for don't make eye contact?

I didn't want Chelsea to attack all the time, I just wanted us to deny PSG opportunities and that means controlling the ball. Jose set the team up to defend and cede possession and that is not controlling the ball. He calls it controlling the game and you don't need me now to say that he is wrong. We were too slow for real counter attacking and too lax with passing to control the ball. Awful tactics, awful execution, awful mind set. I hope that no one at Chelsea tries to make any excuses or defend that approach. Ditch it now, change the attitude and move on.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'm not judging on only yesterdays game and I am basing my thoughts on the CL competition only, as I said, I don't think we are well equipped to take on Europes' best. Lets look at your summary.
    Costa has not scored for us in any CL game. Why ? He scores in the PL.
    Our build up IS too slow, that's why we need to change our midfield AND our style.
    Ramires has been hopeless all season, so has Oscar. When PSG were down to 10, rampaging forward is EXACTLY what he should have done, since we only had one PSG forward to worry about. That is his strong point so, if he's not going to attack, why is he selected?
    Cahill had a decent game for sure, but he's not the real deal. Good but not quite good enough for the CL. I actually made the point that JT was struggling after extra time, and said he had every right to at his age. So no conflict there. And yes, he can pass, but rarely does so to anyone other than his fellow defenders, or a long ball to Hazard.
    Dave hasn't had a great game for quite a while. He's a right back, Luis is a left back. Why select a player out of form when you have a good alternative ?
    We once had a CD called Marcel Dessaille, big ,fast, started attacks from the back, remember? We also had one called David, who didn't look like a liability for PSG, because they set up to PLAY, not just defend.
    Perhaps setting out to play more positively will bring the best out in some of our players, and I would be delighted to see that and admit I have been too harsh.

So I respect your point of view, but still think when it comes to the CL, we will not improve without a change of personnel and especially attitude and tactics. That's my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    luckywerthers and Blueman like this.
  7. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Do you think you could get Fergie to take over.He had the refs in his pocket.He's probably at home at this moment biting his nails.Call him!

8. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

PSG fans taking no chances on the London underground Weds night

please log in to view this image

9. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

10. BBFs Unpopular View

Some people just see what is not there, "Oscar hurt his shin which is why he acted like someone cut his leg off" "20 miles an hour collision" <laugh>
    The only person at risk of injury was Zlatan

Oscar is a divey cheaty play actor of the worst kind

As anyone ca see, no one touched Oscar's shin, Zlatan's shinpad touches the back of Oscar's anke. What a divey cheaty chappy, gladly his divey cheaty antics that got Zlatan sent off led directly to the situation where PSG could manage to get through. Well done Oscar. Best thing you've done all season.

totsfan likes this.

11. BBFs Unpopular View

nice to see some players still wear black boots too <whistle>

Blueman likes this.
  12. Blueman

He must have took lessons from Raheem Sterling. <laugh>

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair, you should be capable of spotting a cheat with Stevie Me at your club. If he's not slipping over he's diving over.

14. JCC87

JCC87 Member

I actually think Oscar might be the fall guy come summer. Last year his.poor form was put down to saving himself for Brazil. It hasn't gotten any better and he lost his head after Ibra was sent off. Should have been attackingPSG instead of getting into petty little scuffles. I'd love De Bruyne back but unlike Matic I can't see us bringing him back as if we did it would be Jose's mistake, not Carlo Ancelotti's