1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Oh I'm not saying Alonso had a bad game.

Yes he got taken on one or twice but who doesn't if exposed. It was more a comment on how easy it was in the first half it was for huddersfield to spray it out wide and for their full backs to get in behind (the relationship between Barkley and our narrow defence the cause of it). He was fine going forwards but if I know Alonso, a sane or a Salah would have him on toast!.

Thought luiz was pretty well positioned?

Anyway job well done boys.

That's very interesting. He probably didn't expect Huddersfield to work so hard with all their players tracking back. Likewise he probably wasn't expecting the long ball so much to their big physical strikers or the long throw from billing at every opportunity

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see just how “fast” he will get us playing.
    Every PL team plays faster and with more energy than Seria A sides. If he simply gets us playing more direct football I will be happy !!

3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Any away win in the PL is an excellent result especially on the first day!!.....
    Only seen the highlights so can't really comment on the game.Wish Morata would score
    any sort of goal,then we'd hopefully see a better player.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Read an article that claims Willian stated he would not be at Chelsea if Conte had stayed and that Sarri has told them to go out and enjoy their football, Willian also said he will not leave unless he is told by the club that they do not want him.

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

main article in BBC sports home today

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bakayoko Gone! AC Milan on loan.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Have you watched United under Jose?

8. armchairblue

Gutted.<laugh><laugh>

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Thank **** for that.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully he will be awesome for them and they option to buy him for a hefty fee

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

am truly.. He is just a kid and needs one more season under someone who is not sabotaging!

Travesty that we get to keep Cescy & not him. Cescy is not good enough for Serie A then <doh>

12. armchairblue

With any luck he'll come back a world beater....but don't hold your breath.Don't think we'll see much
    of Cescy this season.

13. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

There will NOT be any luck for us...

Just the same way like KDB, Mo et al

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I suspect Cesc was kept partly as a back up for Jorginho as I can't see anyone else in our midfield who could play that playmaker role should Jorginho get injured / suspended. We will see. Plus cesc is a good option from the bench if you need someone to open a defence up. What exactly does Bakayoko do?

In respect of Bakayoko, he's 24 on Friday, he is not a kid. He's had 1 good season in the 4 seasons he's had at Monaco and Chelsea and has a hell of a lot to prove. We can't be carrying players so hopefully the loan will rejuvenate him and he'll either come back a better player or we wont lose money on him. He wouldn't have been a starter this year and being benched would have hurt any development he still has in him.

Good move all round.

Bodinki and BobbyD like this.
  15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The Bakayoko situation is nothing like KDB.
    KDB WAS a kid when we sold him, and he was never given a fair crack in the first team.
    Bakayoko made like 32 league appearances last season, KDB never got anywhere near that.
    KDB was never given a run in the first XI to show his quality. Baka was, and he failed...miserably!

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

He definitely doesn't suit Sarri and i would say would never make it in a sarri side (no technical skills) but he might have made it if we persisted under conte.

Loads of players get better after settling in and you have to remember he came back from a massive injury.

Drogba had a pretty awful first year (10 goals 26 games, funnily enough pretty similar to our useless morata)

Lampard was pretty mediocre in his first year.

Azpilicueta wasn't great shakes when he first joined.

if you look at other teams the likes of De Gea, Eriksen, Firmino etc

17. armchairblue

If he comes back like yaya mk2 we'll all be happy,won't we??
    Can't see it myself,but who knows.

18. Bullet tooth Tony

I don't think Yaya and Bakayoko are part of the same species of footballer, Yaya could tackle, pass, read the game, defend, attack, get ugly when needed, I have seen none of this in Bakayoko. I hope he proves me wrong. I hope Morata proves me wrong as I have called him a Sunday morning footballer at best, at least he is doing a very good impression of one. What makes it worse and it really annoys me is we had a proven 20 goals a season striker in Costa who I have just been watching in the Super cup and he is class, I don't know who to blame but if rumour is correct Conte really Phuked up big style. On a brighter note Jorginho looks perfect for us, alongside Kante they will be a formidable duo in the centre of midfield. Not sure where our goals are going to come from, so Sarri has to work a miracle on one of our less than convincing trio of Morata, Batsuayi, or Abraham, if he can get one of those three playing to premiership level we have a chance of top four. I'm not worried about the defence as it seems as though Rudi Luiz Azpi, and one other will be the preferred back 4 with very able deputies to come in when required. Factor in a happy Willian Hazard Pedro Hudson-O' and hopefully RLC, we should be good to watch at least. Happy days to come I'm sure, or am I.

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am not saying Baka couldnt have improved under Sarri, just that Baka was given dozens of starts to prove himself and he didnt.
    KDB was never given a whole season of starts in the first XI

BobbyD likes this.
  20. Bullet tooth Tony

We will all love Sarri in 6 months, you heard it here first.