1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Christian Walton.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rumour from Brighton that 20 yr old 6ft 5in Christian Walton is coming back to Argyle on loan.

He has got a good reputation at Brighton....has played for the first team....but is well down the pecking order at the club at present.

Does that mean Lukes injury is going to take awhile to mend.....and where does that leave Bittner ?

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

News is Luke is out for a Month and i think this deal was confirmed this morning.. not 100%.. but he is in the team for Saturday i was told? may not be true.. heard that at 10.30 am today ..

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Bittner hasn't fully recovered from his op yet.....so that's probably why young Walton might be coming in until the new year with Luke injured.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Despite he wouldn't say so, I don't think Adams would have that much faith in Bittner despite him not being a flop last week. The outfield players apparently dominated the game which must have made life a whole lot easier for him in goal. He isn't match fit but then again with all that time without a game he probably never has been. Says a lot if Adams prefers a rookie to him doesn't it. We had the same problem with Luke last season if I recall when he was out for a period. There is no way Luke got injured last weekend, he was struggling in the previous league match as well. Everytime he kicked it long off the deck he limped afterwards. It was very noticeable and I think he has played a couple of games carrying whatever injury it is. Not a good idea to keep players playing with an injury as was obvious last term with Reid. Get it sorted and then get him back.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brighton sources suggest that Walton's loan is because McCormick will be out until January.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think it might be a "minimum amount of time for a transfer" rather than a statement on Luke's injury. Anyway, whatever the reasons I'm more confident with the loan signing than I would have been for the cover we had. However long it takes for Luke to recover then so be it and I do not want to see a Reid situation occuring again. We need Luke for the run-in and not firing on half power.