1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Christmas 2020

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tel (they/them), Nov 20, 2020.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

I don't do huge family gatherings so doubt mine will be too different this year.
    Probably gonna have goose which I've never tried before so looking forward to that.

Working on call for the week too, seeing as not gonna be able do **** all anyway it seems a good chance to earn some extra dough and get 6 free days off.

Gonna treat myself to a nice bottle of rum next week in preparation.

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

That’d do me, but she wouldn’t have it. Turkey is ****e anyway, there’s a good reason we only eat the ****er once a year.

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Never had pheasant, ran over a few when I lived in the sticks. Would like to try.

remembercolinlee and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I was coming back from the pharmacy today, I couldn't believe the number of homes with xmas decs up, even in covid, nowts going to spoil the month long party of Brits.

The grandparents might not pull through this year kids, but fook it :cheesy:

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Normally just me & Mrs plus my mum unless she has gone to the South Coast at my sisters as like Chief my brother ****s off somewhere for christmas - thank God as none of us can stand his wife <laugh> so no point in buying anything too big .

PS if you have room in your freezer https://www.wildmeat.co.uk/

6. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

has roadkill at a few biker meets including pheasant :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I don’t mind mid-late November especially if you’re locked in your house it can cheer some folk up, it’s them retards who put the decs up like two months early and finish their Christmas shopping in September.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I was brought up a Catholic and it was all about the 12 days of Christmas, which is from Christmas Day until the Epiphany on the 6th Jan. So as a kid we didn’t put the tree up until Christmas Eve.

Old habits die hard, and I’ve always kicked back against having decs up weeks before. I usually concede and give in about a week before.

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

It's interesting seeing what you are all doing etc.
    My eldest moved back home a few weeks back so it'll be a great one. Lockdown was ****ing awful not seeing her (I know many lost jobs and loved ones so I hope people know I ain't comparing it to that kind of stuff).

Hope everyone has a decent one <cheers>

Archers Road, Blueman, Libby and 3 others like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Did you do gifts on the 6th?

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Can’t lie, love a bit of Christmas time.

Last Christmas was the first one without my Nan and Grandad, we ended up round my Mums with a few of the fam and was really good despite being weird without them two. This year most of us are heading to Devon as a lot of the fam live there now so hopefully it’ll be decent.

Planning to drink a **** load of snowballs, best Christmas drink of all time that, gotta be Warninks advocaat though. Probably put on half a stone eating turkey, spuds and stuffing for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then more than likely lose a load of dough playing cards as I always do against the fam.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

They taste better with asphalt in them anyway bro

Archers Road likes this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

No mate. We did gifts on Christmas Day.

I vaguely remember the posh lot did their presents either after Christmas Day mass, or even after their lunch.

brb likes this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Arguably no worse than picking shot out of yer gob.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Nice bit of lead with your Partridge m'aam ?

Blueman and Tobes like this.
  16. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

My parents usually go abroad somewhere leaving me to enjoy Christmas by myself.

Thanks to ****y corona they are going to be here and have already had my mum asking if I want to come round, will probs just block her number on Xmas eve until Boxing Day

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sounds like a nice family christmas that mate.

18. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

I’ve never really liked Xmas, even as a kid as far as I can remember. Quite enjoy it by myself as only time of the year when you get a few days by yourself as everyone is doing stuff

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Probs just a quiet one for us this year. We start off at home, my daughter is still young enough to believe in Father Christmas, so that will be the highlight of the day seeing her wake up and come downstairs to her presents. I make a big effort with the snowy footprints, half eaten carrot, empty glass of rum (that's the easy bit) and she likes all of her dolls and teddies to be sitting in a circle watching her open her presents, so I'll tell her that the christmas magic must have brought them to life during the night <ok>

Then me the missus and my daughter will go over to my Mums. My bro has managed to get work off this year so he should be down too. I'll help cook christmas dinner and get gently pissed as I do so. Then after dinner it's more presents and I generally spend the next few hours putting those Playmobil sets together, the ones that have 4568 pieces in little plastic bags.

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

That's definitely the best part, and same thing happens here with toys watching him open presents except swap dollies for dinosaurs.

I'm gonna miss that this year tbh as it's not my turn to have him Christmas eve. Though I shouldn't whinge too much as I'm lucky that I get to alternate it really.

Tel (they/them), PINKIE and Tobes like this.