1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Christmas & Cheltenham Specials

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by TopClass, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

To win Lexus Chase and Gold Cup:

Bobs Worth 10/1
    SDC 14/1
    First Lieutenant 50/1

To win Ryanair Christmas Hurdle and Champion Hurdle:

Hurricane Fly 15/2
    Our Conor 12/1
    Jezki 25/1

Christmas Hurdle and Champion Hurdle

The New One 6/1
    My Tent 6/1

Not sure if any of you look at that sort of thing, but its interesting as a market. Plenty of value but it gives the bookies 2 chances to get you beat.

You can see these odds via oddschecker.

2. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

King George and Gold Cup:

Cue Card 16/1
    Al Ferof 25/1
    Silviniaco Conti 33/1

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I don't rate these bets as value Toppy - you can get 6/1 about the Fly for the Champion Hurdle, so 15/2 for him to win the Ryanair AND the Champion Hurdle doesn't feel like value.

I've only ever done 1 of these in my life, was for Grumeti to win the Cheltenham Triumph Trial (where Pearl Swan beat him but got demoted for interference) and then win the Triumph Hurdle itself - odds of 16/1. When the stewards helped him on the first leg I thought my luck was in but, ultimately, he wasn't good enough to win the Triumph and finished 3rd at 5/1fav. I suppose the 16/1 was a bit of value (he won the first race at 7/4) but I think that was an exception, rather than the rule.

4. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

they are all 'mug' bets --any bookie is trying to lure people with 'value' --facts tell us the likelyhood of such events occuring are much greater than the odds offered--therefore 'mug' bet...

like all those daft football combos--correct score, scorer,etc-- sure they occasionally come off--but that is it-- mind you suarez first scorer at home has been fairly good--hence the 5/2 odds --but as a general rule they are bookie bets...

we all know how hard it is to get one win never mind another a few months later !!!!