1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City's Man City Cup chances

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jan 21, 2018.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Man City are rather good aren’t they? As you, us and most of the premiership have found out.
    You would have thought they would have been knackered following their valiant effort against us earlier in the week!!!!!

2. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Fabulous football team - it was great to watch and is one to remember but now we have to get back to reality and focus on getting something out of our trip to Leeds next Saturday

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Man City were unreal at times.

Reminded me a bit of how Liverpool, Soton & Arsenal played us when we were in PL but today they were a different class; pace, movement, touch, control were exceptional.

Saying that proud of City for not giving up and on another day would have notched.

Have to say was again disappointed by Zahore’s final touch. Last season he would have thundered in some left foot rockets but today just had no confidence when he had the ball in some great positions.

City so desperately need a clinical striker before this window shuts.

ps. How dull was Bennett to get a 2nd yellow?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As uneven a game as I've watched for sometime I'm sorry to say. That's no reflection on the effort your side put in it's just an acknowledgement that Man City are by far and away the best side in the UK. I'm not sure any side would have given them anymore of a run for their money and when in that sort of form and mood it must be hard on other premiership clubs never mind anyone from lower down. Even Colin looked resigned to it all.

"p.s. How dull was Bennett to get a 2nd yellow"..................is that irony? The guy was a little lucky there was no VAR or else he wouldn't have been on the pitch to get a second yellow.

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

man city are what they are because what they have............yeah a great team but a bought team........but that's top end football these days I suppose, run by oil rich billionaires watched by the working class masses.

I do wish the billionaires would take thy toys in a different ball pit.........monkey on the roof>>fk off monkey

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

In the sense that he gets a 2nd yellow in injury time knowing a bad tackle gets him that card. That is dull.

The fact he may or may not have been sent off in the 1st half is irrelevant. He should have known he was on a tightrope thereafter.

Incidentally it was only a red card offence in slow motion replays. To the ref it was a bog standard cynical tackle to halt play we see in every game.

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Man City are a franchise same as Liverpool , Man U , Arsenal. Brilliant team but these clubs have no connection to the area they represent anymore.

Sooner they p!ss off and form a European Super League and leave the rest of us to it the better.

They may as well have an auction like the IPL.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  8. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Interesting point Hilts... I'd never thought of the super league as a positive thing before. Presumably, they'd take huge amounts of money out of the game but leave our national leagues cleaner for it. not a bad thing, then.

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree Hilts - things have gone too far in our domestic game. They should get out of it and form an elite of their own and give the game back to the fans like in the old Div 1 to 4 days. In those times you progressed through player ability and management, not just money.

10. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

How many Cardiff players are from Cardiff ? or even Wales ?

11. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Who is Marko Grujic, apparantly there was a player of that name playing for us yesterday, must say i didnt see him at all for the 90 odd minutes i watched. What a waste of time getting him from the mighty Liverpool, Mr Klopp lent us a right dud there.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hence the VAR comment ninion opinion. It's meant to be there to "assist" referees where doubt exists because real time doesn't show something in it's correct light. So, if there was VAR then slow mo would have decided the issue and he WOULD have been sent off and definately not might have been. Personally I don't like the idea of VAR even if Referees are poor. I see your man has apologised so he knows it was very naughty. At least he is big enough to do that instead of tryng to excuse himself so credit where it's due.

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He didn't apologise for doing it deliberately and knew it was "naughty" as inferred - he apologised because it happened that's all.

Sane was quick, Bennett was late with the "wrong leg" with the result his foot caught Sane fair and square on the side of his leg rather than in front to trip him. It was an attempt at a "professional" foul to bring him down that went wrong.

He should have had a straight red for it though. As unintentional as it was, the tackle was dangerous and should have been punished as such.

14. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

If it were a closed shop it might be a risky strategy for the teams involved. Nowhere to go but bottom. What happens when obramavich, mansoor and the likes get bored.

Suppose another money bags would step in for his day in the sun.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I absolutely accept Bennett didn't set out to hurt Sane deliberately Oldsparkey. The trouble is these players these days are probably half as fast again as they once were hence why they unfortunately happen as often as they do. Players though know this and that taking off with both feet off the ground is never going to end well if they catch the player. They also know it's a red normally. With VAR in play it will be a red certainly,

Oldsparkey likes this.
  16. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

look a jose and his trophy haul <doh>..........the fkr couldn't do it without being in control of money that most could only dream of spending.........im up for a euro super league for the rich.......less is more in my life these days so im happy with Cardiff smelling of stale piss again a cheap pie and a Bovril if im honest.

money ruins everything in the end <cheers>