1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic CL, ITTV and other forums (merged)

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Dec 18, 2017.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be advisable to allow IA on this forum. He's toxic.

2. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

He’s a twat - isn’t there an ignore option on Dickies forum where his messages aren’t shown ?

The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  3. Ubedizzy2

Ubedizzy2 Well-Known Member

Best way to defeat people like that is to just keep calmly rebutting their lies and accusations. Eventually they realise they can’t win and change their ways or just give up and go elsewhere.

It always works, unless of course the person concerned is the forum administrator and moderator in which case once they realise that you have the better of them and won’t tolerate them posting false information, they threaten you and then ban you.

But when they do that, they are actually admitting that they are beaten and that they know you won’t let them corrupt the truth.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Mr Sitter likes this.
  4. Smudger603

Where’s he put that ? - or has he deleted that as well ?

Mr Sitter likes this.
  5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The geriatric a***hole can join. Go on a members profile and you have the ignore facility.
    He'd end up talking to himself<laugh>
    I have this for Dicky and when I believe, PL54 polluted the gaff.

6. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Incoad (IA) has left Dick's new forum.
    Seemingly it did not meet his desired standards for fairness and freedom from petty jealousies and animosities.

Still, credit to him for giving it a fair chance.

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He always hated it when I asked her questions.
    I was good, I'd answer a question with a question:emoticon-0165-muscl

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

F*** him.

Smudger603 likes this.
  9. Ubedizzy2

I’m afraid his nasty, spiteful and unfucking-justified attack on not606 and all it’s members, especially you Lardi, could not go unchallenged. Seems he took exception to that.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  10. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He is odd.

11. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Since I left ITTV in February I've not read any of the content posted there. The most I did was look in occasionally on the main forum page, which shows the newest thread titles and the names of members who've been online recently.
    Indeed a few days after I left that forum I asked other members here not to relay anything that might be posted on ITTV about me, which everyone kindly respected. I can imagine I got a fair amount of abuse, and I did not wish to get riled reading the specifics.

Since I'll never be going back I saw no point in remaining engaged with what was happening there. I only knew that Royston had left and that Reams said he was going to leave in June because friends on this forum commented on those happenings in this thread.
    To those members there who have posted in my defence on ITTV I must say a belated thank you.

I agree that IA's opening post on Dick's new forum displayed his unique brand of moralising and double standards.
    Since I was personally willing to try to co-exist with him on Dick's forum I had decided to call a unilateral truce (stated in this thread yesterday) and I was not going to respond to anything he might post about me on CNW (Charlton not Wrexham). I was content to trust @Dick Plumb1 as administrator to moderate if necessary.

Your response to IA's opening post was entirely understandable, as I know that you tell it like it is.
    I did not think it was overly hostile, and certainly not grounds for him to quit Dick's forum within a few hours of joining. That was his choice of course, but it does show that when he joined he brought with him all the baggage of past animosities and conflicts - something I had decided not to do.
    Co-existing with him would have been challenging, but I was willing to try in the interests of the forum as a whole. Fellow Charlton fans deserve to have a forum to chat and banter on which is free of toxic behaviour.

I believe that regular posters on forums show their intent as time passes, in the content of their messages and the tone of their debate. While we all occasionally make a mis-step in the strength or intended meaning of things we type, over time the sum of our contributions gives away how we really feel about things and how tolerant or intolerant we are.
    And of course we should all own the intent of our contributions. Those who seek to divide and manipulate, however subtly they go about it, reveal their real intent over time.
    And such people should not be surprised when others take exception to being divided and manipulated (however subtly), and tell it like it is.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  12. Ubedizzy2

Unless he or anyone else resurrects the slurs on DP’s forum I consider the matter closed.

He posted, I responded, he quit. End of story.

The only reason it was relevant to this forum is that he chose to unfairly criticise everyone on here with lies and unsupported accusations. I will never tolerate that and will defend myself and other polite and reasonable posters who use not606 when necessary.

13. The Penguin

Strange that he admits to reading Not606. He came on here a few years ago but it was not long before he stank the place out and was banned. Old Reamsy did as well, and for a few posts was the soul of reason, but it wasn't long before the mask slipped and the abuse started. Dick was the first to recognize him, and I think he left before he was pushed.

14. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Have you ever noticed that Nigel NEVER criticises Ivor. He actually says nice things and supports him.
    The funny thing is that Nigel is taking the p*** out of Ivor. In 'normal life' circles I am convinced Nigel would never be seen with the welshman.

15. Smudger603

Fuke him - he’s a little attention seeking weasel! More fool the people that believed in him :emoticon-0181-fubar

The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  16. Smudger603

Off to Edinbrah in the morning- Ironed my kilt and polished my sporran- what’s the exchange rate now?

17. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Enjoy, the grass market is a good night out.
    Lots of football to see as well.

lardiman likes this.
  18. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Don't worry if you see plenty of people being arrested in the wee hours. They're probably just SNP officials <laugh>

19. The Penguin

If you're looking for a camper van I know where one is parked.

lardiman, Ken Shabby and Smudger603 like this.
  20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He'll need that, he could only afford a single ticket.