1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Statement On Wycombe And Third Party Ownership Regulations

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, May 27, 2014.

1. brb

brb Guest

Hi guys, just to clarify site admins position. We do not proactively moderate the site, however, if a user is brought to our attention, their account will be looked at. As i'm a lower league supporter myself, I have a reasonable understanding of matters concerning various clubs. If i feel someone (newbie/short term member) has created an account for the sole purpose of causing discord in the communities they will be banned. I don't care what club they might show to support in their profile, i will base my judgement on what level of disruption they may be causing and the knock on affect to the longer term members of this site. And of course how busy my PM box gets!

Democracy is to time consuming.

Thanks
    Site Admin.

2. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok> doesnt really say anything really about whats going on. this story is about what happened before. rovers are complaining that the £10k fine was not enough for what rules were broken and also sounds like they are complaining about other players as well which so far hasnt had any punishment for. thats my take on it anyway. very confusing as different sources say different things.

last we heard was FA will investigate and that wycombe provided no info that was requested. hope they just hurry up so we all can move on.

4. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

Personally I feel sorry and fear for WW. Just like any other legal tribunal or hearing if you make no representation then generally it is taken that you are pleading guilty and then you are found guilty in your absence. Just hope this comes to a close and a quick resolution is made both the F.A. and F.L. need to get a move on. If there is a case to answer then I can see Rovers suing not only W.W. but also the F.A. and F.L. for not carrying out its duty to member clubs, in this case BRFC.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

There must be some substance to the action Rovers have taken. They must have been fully aware of all of the information available describing the findings of the original hearing. I can't believe that they would be naïve enough to spend money on a legal action challenging against an existing ruling and punishment made by the FA and FL.
    The fact that the matter is taking time to reach a conclusion suggests to me that WW have a further case to answer.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Just imagine the sort of season we'll have if we now get reinstated! We've lost most of our players and we will have a strike force from Concord Rangers and Salisbury...

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i would hope Clarke is building the team to win promotion from the conference and have a good season the next. if we do get reinstated the team should be able to compete at league 2 and to be honest there isnt much difference between league 2 and conference prem.

8. FabbaGas

FabbaGas Member

I agree, we need to start building a stable team not chopping and changing each season. that goes for the manager's job too.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Taken from the Wycombe board....

Wycombe chairman Don Woodward is due to meet with the FA tomorrow. the FA's decision should be announced early next week.

10. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

As usual, more news from elsewhere than from our own club.

11. FabbaGas

FabbaGas Member

12. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Woodward confirmed at the meeting that the club has not spent anything on legal fees.

Interesting that WW have not used legal representation.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

they dont need to yet. they are just answering questions. if want to come across as if they got nothing to hide which could be the case.

if however they lose this, then they will get legal advice to appeal.