1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The RDBD, Jun 30, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

...but yeah, foOtboLluZ BAD

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Umar Khalil

Director - Care homes, Pharmacies and Doctors surgeries consultant.

I work for the NHS and to be honest: I don't need free pizza, I don't need free cups of coffee I don't need money off vouchers etc. I'm not going to be losing any income due to this virus As much as I greatly appreciate the gesture...

Please Please Please offer a free cup of coffee or pizza to:
    The families who are struggling to feed their children, The homeless on the streets, The older generation, Self employed, And to anyone else who is suffering financially from Covid-19 measures and are not covered by government grants or loans. Please copy and paste to get this message out there !! Thank you.

Alfie Conn and Diego like this.
  3. humanbeingincroydon

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Class from Danny, part three:

Oh, and class from Danny, part four:

BobbyD and remembercolinlee like this.
  5. yossarian

It's not as if the reduction be permanent; just for the duration of the current crisis. When other workers are taking cuts or losing their jobs it looks completely ****ish that footballers get off scott-free, especially when they're not even doing their jobs. The whole contract bullshit his agent is spouting makes very little sense and is obviously self-serving.

6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even if you believe every part of that, why would you decided to publicise it at this time? The man's an idiot.

He also seems to be missing out the part where the players are paid to do a job and they're not doing it.
    It's not their fault that the conditions have made that impossible, but the clubs earn revenue based upon them playing.
    They're not playing and they're still being paid. Shrugging off the exceptional circumstances is both disingenuous and self-serving.

His whole argument also got ruined in one comment on Twitter:

I wonder what a wage reduction for "his" players would do to his cut of their earnings?

7. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

A strange 24 hours.
    !0.30 last night .Nose bleed wouldn't stop.Drove like a bat out of hell to the ER one handed.The other hand pinching the nose. Bleeding stops at 11.30p.m.
    7.30am this morning. Nose bleed wouldn't stop. Drove like a bat out of hell to the ER one handed where one doctor cleared it and stuck a plug up it and sent me on to the ear,nose and throat dept. They cleaned it again,nearly choking me and put a balloon into my nostril, blew air into it and let me go home.
    Sat down on my settee. 1/2 hour later. Bang the wife had gone to sleep and fallen out of her chair.Had a hell of a job raising the Titanic!

…...and how was your day!!!!!?

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Find out the cause of the nose bleeds?

9. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

The system we have and one people have voted for, means that a lot people receive massive amounts of 'pay' while larger numbers of people are paid not much at all and many people in the UK can not even afford a very basic life style. I think the system stinks and I did not vote for it. However as I said enough people have voted for this to have made it the choice of the nation since 1979. They clearly rejected the chance to change this at our recent election when 'the people' chose Boris.
    So why are you picking on footballers? Some of them get huge amounts of money because the system is set up for them to do so. Many business owners also 'earn' huge amounts of money far in excess of even the massive amounts top footballers earn.They don't take pay cuts. You know many of the names like Ashley, Branson, Bezos, Green, they don't take pay cuts. How about the Queen and her tribe of hangers on? They don't take pay cuts. Their only justification for getting huge amounts of money, land and property is being born in the right place to the 'right' people.
    Once again the working class is encouraged to attack itself and as usual it tugs it's forlock and votes for the very people that exploit it and against their own brothers and sisters who have managed through sheer talent or hard work to have bucked the trend and joined the elite moneywise at least.
    If you are going to have a go at your very own footballers then at least share out your indignation to the real wealth abusers.

10. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

Commiserations Smithy, I think its called 'getting old'. If its not one thing its something else! Have a Happy Easter anyway......

11. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

not yet.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Following Spurs would do it Smithy raising the blood pressure is par for the course.

maggie blanchflower likes this.
  13. humanbeingincroydon

Looks like our graphics team have some time on their hands...

14. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

15. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

Isolation shopping for my neighbour's today was like an episode of the apprentice when they have the shopping list , 5 kinds of cat food , low fat low sugar horlicks , nimble bread( who knew they still made it ) sweet sherry, and white shoe laces!!!!! they are both in their 80s and not been out the house for 3 weeks

16. yossarian

I'm picturing cat food sandwiches with a glass of sherry <yikes>

17. humanbeingincroydon

18. humanbeingincroydon

19. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

In our last update we said we would keep our position under review, especially in the context of revised budgets and cost cutting. Having done so we have decided that all non-playing staff, whether full-time, casual or furloughed, will receive 100 per cent of their pay for April and May. Only the Board will take salary reductions.

In view of supporter sentiment regarding the scheme, it is now not our intention to make use of the current CJRS that runs until the end of May. We shall consult with stakeholders, including the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust with whom we have been in dialogue over the past week and who share our desire to protect jobs, should circumstances change going forward.

Daniel Levy, Chairman: “The criticism the Club has received over the last week has been felt all the more keenly because of our track record of good works and our huge sense of responsibility to care for those that rely on us, particularly locally.

“It was never our intent, as custodians, to do anything other than put measures in place to protect jobs whilst the Club sought to continue to operate in a self-sufficient manner during uncertain times.

“We regret any concern caused during an anxious time and hope the work our supporters will see us doing in the coming weeks, as our stadium takes on a whole new purpose, will make them proud of their Club.”

20. humanbeingincroydon

One thing worth mentioning, since there's plenty of people who won't realise this, is that they pay of non-playing staff hasn't been affected at all as they get paid at the end of the month

I know that saying that at no point did they see their pay drop by a penny is a microbe of comfort considering they spent a week or so expecting it to happen, but it's a detail that's no doubt going to be completely ignored by the rage bait merchants hammering out an article right now