1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cocaine Galore.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

As I said to someone else earlier, you ought to read up on the way current legislation of substances has developed over the years. The question of legality is often derived from absurd and/or arbitrary law-making, and I'm not going to refrain from using a substance just because some ****er - often with their own vested interests - tells me I have to. I smoke a bit. I drink a bit. I snort the odd bit of coke. I know which two substances have caused me the most harm over the years, and it certainly isn't the last one.

I can't disagree that some hard drug use causes a lot of crime. All I can say is that I've never resorted to it because I fancy a line of coke. There are degrees of addiction and their consequences, of which I am perfectly aware. Those of you who dismiss 'drugs' out of hand clearly lack this awareness.

I'm really not. You're demonstrating that lack of awareness thing again. It's not as black and white as you seem to think.

2. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

You're part of the problem, not the solution. Not the other way around.

Polly13 likes this.
  3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It's the way you generalise it like it's nothing at all. "a few lines of coke." Your parents must be so proud. "Sorry Mum, just popping off to snort a few lines, back in 2."

You take heroin to feel better, mellow, whatever. You used that exact argument to describe booze. At least be consistent.

4. Polly13

'A few lines of coke' really isn't a big deal. I suspect you take too much notice of Daily Mail headlines. And both my parents died of cancer, possibly related to smoking, so I'll thank you to keep them out of this conversation.

Which just goes to show how little you know. People take heroin to absolutely lose themselves. You really need to mug up.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Steven Toast

That's not the only reason people take it at all, it's like saying people only drink because they're depressed. There's a myriad reasons anybody does any drug. You seem to have an idealised vision towards drugs, which you seem to think I need to be in on. I need to mug up? You need to grow up.

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I think you'll find it's YOU who is part of the problem. Not me.

7. Polly13

It really is the reason the vast majority of people take it.

And you really do need to mug up, cos you clearly don't have enough insight on the matter. Your experience as a publican hasn't given you the full picture.

8. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

If he's off out to snort a couple of lines, there's no way he'll be back in 2.

I admire your stance Sterling and considering your profession, it's totally the right stance to take. No-one under 18, hell, 20 even, should be doing anything that affects the development of a young brain. That absolutely includes alcohol or nicotine, I'm sure you would agree.

However, the position of "if it's illegal it bad" or "if it's legal it's alright" is naive at best. Addiction to anything is unhealthy but it's a personality problem, not a drug problem.

9. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Looks like I picked the wrong thread to quit sniffing glue.

10. Off The Line

Well your way of thinking appears to fall in line with current legislation, which if you haven't noticed, doesn't work.
    You basically said before that you don't have those particular issues with alcohol. Is that not because alcohol is legal? Pretty sure there would be if it wasn't.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

12. Steven Toast

I agree with you, yes, but that's a very generalised view, I know there are grey areas in between and it's not necessarily definable by just saying it's right or wrong. Some of us drive at 90mph on the motorway, which is breaking the law.

But I think with drugs it's a bit different, because it's a substance that is having a negative effect on the body and causing harm. I include drink and tobacco in this, I wouldn't ever advocate anybody under the legal age doing those things.

13. Off The Line

Did you learn this on your course?

Polly13 likes this.
  14. Steven Toast

So not for the rush or euphoria then? Do you understand how heroin works? It's an opiate, it encourages the release of endorphins and dopamine. There may be some poor souls out there who want to lose their grip on reality and escape, but there are just as many who do it for the rush. Addicts don't tend to get the rush anymore, hence the over use.

My experience as a publican hasn't given me the full picture, no, but thankfully working at a morgue, a Mum who's a social worker and an uncle in the police have given me all the knowledge I need.

15. Steven Toast

According to Superhans, glue is coming back.

HHH likes this.
  16. Off The Line

With more research we may find out their positive effects. Cannabis and LSD have recently shown as much. Name me a positive effect alcohol can have on the body or mind?

17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I hope it will never be legalised in this country. Mugs like you then have to suffer the consequences of snorting any old **** or whatever they mix with it.

I have seen at close hand how drugs wreck lives. You carry on though, doesn't impact on me personally.

18. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Anyone ever got really blooty off some yellow bentines and jessop jessop jessop?

Polly13 and Des Head like this.
  19. Off The Line

Like I said, part of the problem.

Polly13 likes this.
  20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Like I said. You're part of the problem, not me. Is the recreational activity you engage in legal or not?

Case closed.