1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colchester Utd v Ipswich Town - Pre Season Friendly

Discussion in 'Colchester' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Jun 8, 2011.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

This should be an interesting game against our near neighbours down the A12. I've never been to the WHCS but have passed it many times and it looks a modern decent stadium. I just couldn't believe that you had to wait 18 months after its construction before you could gain access to it from the A12! <doh>

As for the game itself Ipswich are going through a hell of a transition at the moment and I don't know who will be in the starting line up tbh. I don't think even Jewell knows at this moment in time. It will sure be a big test for whoever turns up for Ipswich as I know you lot will be well up for it as always. Any ideas on ticket prices yet?

I will stick my moustache out and go for a narrow Ipswich win so in reality you will probably tonk us!

2. alexmanu

alexmanu Member

It will be an interesting game and will give both teams a good test. Hopefully the tickets will be cheap and I wouldn't put much on who actually wins it because pre-season form usually counts for nothing.

3. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

18 months for acces from the A12 and a shocking Car park <doh>

I doubt the tickets wil be cheap but if RC had any sense he'd do a decent family deal as Colchester need decent gates this year and this will only happen if he can get the families in

4. alexmanu

alexmanu Member

I reckon the tickets will be cheap, they usually are.

5. Colch_Steve

Colch_Steve New Member

Evening Johnny

Looking foward to the game. I wouldn't be so negative, are current team isn't particularly strong at the moment and we did well to finish were we did last season.Add to the fact we have lost our top scorer and player of the season mean that we to are in a transitional period. What im looking foward to the most is to see how Eastman plays. Hopefully he can show you were wrong to let him go ;)

Prediction: Colchester 1-2 Ipswich Gillespie to score for Colch and Scotland and Edwards to score for Ipswich :D

6. johnnywarksmoustache

Steve <ok>

Believe me mate Ipswich Town, my beloved club is in a hell of a mess right now!

7. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Last season Colchester lost to Lowestoft Town!!!!!!!!

8. monarch

monarch Member

Two seasons ago Norwich got stuffed 1-7 at home,but look where they are now. Get a life dickhead.

9. johnnywarksmoustache

Looking forward to this game even more now that Michael Chopra has just signed!

COYB <ok>

10. alexmanu

alexmanu Member

Interesting signing for Ipswich, it'll be interesting how we defend against him. I hope I get to see Magnus challenge Wickham in the air in pre season so heres hoping you don't sell him. But it'll certainly be an interesting match. I am currently praying Colchester can get a couple of good strikers in though. Gillespie can only do so much.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

It will be good to see Tom Eastman playing as well! <ok>

I still don't think that he was given much of a chance with us!