1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coleman

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by smithy in nl, Apr 29, 2018.

1. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Well at least he's not the worst ever Sunderland manager - he could have matched Grayson's woeful record with a defeat/draw against Wolves.

Capture.GIF

Surely they must have a new manager lined up already.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

They'll want someone in as early as possible and may already have approached who they want.

Things are happening fast. I think we'll know quite soon.

RTB likes this.
  3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I hope
    I hope its :emoticon-0127-lipss

4. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

He wasn't very good tho. Good Riddance, lets move on.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Chris Coleman was sacked to take advantage of a clause in his contract that saved the new Sunderland regime £1.7million, according to a report today.The Sun claim that Coleman was given just £300,000 compensation after his surprise dismissal on Sunday.

The Welshman, believed to be on around £700,000 a year, had said he would be prepared to take a pay cut to stay at the club next season.

However, it is reported he would have been entitled to £2million in compensation had he been dismissed after the takeover by an international consortium fronted by Stewart Donald went through.

Coleman was given the bad news by chief executive Martin Bain, who also looks set to leave the club once Ellis Short's sale goes through.

Donald is now drawing up a shortlist of managers to replace Coleman, with Chris Wilder, Michael Appleton, Paul Cook and Mick McCarthy among the early frontrunners with bookmakers.

The Echo understands, however, that there are other names under consideration.

6. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Paul Cook isn't going to leave Wigan for Sunderland, so I think we can put a line through that one. I don't rate Michael Appleton, who's never impressed me when managing in the lower leagues. I really hope it's not him. I dont want to go back in time, so hopefully it won't be McCarthy.

Chris Wilder really is the stand out candidate. If he leaves Sheffield Utd, we should jump all over him.