1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Colstons Statue - Again

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

She is an actress and a left wing activist and even took her own photographer to take the photo of her being arrested after provoking the police to do so.

There has been a softening of the original faux outrage from politicians and the media who weren't there but reacting to internet videos. I very much suspect that some of them have been made privy to police bodycam footage.

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

If that’s true then I’ve no problem the police dealing with trouble makers, my point was the vast majority who were peaceful should not be dealt with as criminals and it seemed many were pre judging them.

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Its easy to judge. Personal decisions were made by those who attended. Lockdown for you but not for me. More rights and entitlement for me but not for you.

The gathering was illegal. That is criminal. Why should that be tolerated?

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

upload_2021-3-17_14-23-41.png

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The same way that you were pre judging the police.

Friends of Sarah Everard have criticised the hijacking of the vigil and even friends of 'reclaim them streets' organisers have criticised it as well.

My question will always be to people quick to criticise the police under these types of circumstances, at least tell us an alternative way of dealing with situations when a peaceful event becomes hijacked by people breaking the law, usually near the back of such 'demos', do the police allow such criminality to carry on and risk injury to themselves and people closer to the front once missiles are being thrown? yet again it comes down to damned if they do and damned if they don't.

28 officers were injured at this 'vigil', and I read a blog by a police officer with 20 years service, who has just quit in exasperation of recent events, it is an incredibly sad read where everybody including senior officers, colleagues, the public and especially politicians get the sharp end of his tongue, I will put it up soon it should be read by anybody who cares about the way democracy is being allowed to be eroded by the few, I found it sad and humbling.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

7. AshtonRed

I glad it’s as black & white as that for you. Whilst I agree, I understand others may not for very good reasons

8. AshtonRed

I wasn’t pre judging anyone, i said they were in a difficult position, it’s the leaders i criticised

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

A good, sad and sobering read.
    Those, particularly affiliated to left wing causes that hijacked and postured during the Sarah Everard vigil for their own ends should be named, shamed and jailed. This behaviour has got to be stopped and outlawed.

10. AshtonRed

Anybody who hijacked the vigil, or any other peaceful event, whatever their politics or agenda should be dealt with in the appropriate manner, absolutely.

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well you were certainly one eyed in your posts purely based on videos on the interweb, the truth is almost always something different. That's videos at events like this are meant to do.

Forget about the lack of social distancing, there were crimes being committed by a minority of people who attended a 'vigil' looking for trouble and then bitch about it when they find it.

12. AshtonRed

And you were quick to criticise the vigil purely on lack of social distancing , although you’ve now back tracked and seem to be purely criticising the hijacking of the vigil , which by the way I totally agree with you on.

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Absolutely not back tracked at all, I meant put the social distancing to one side, for the bigger issue of the crimes being committed, mainly because you never seemed to see social distancing as an issue.

Of course it's an issue, it's against the law, flouting that law is selfish and dangerous beyond words and only serves to put unsuspecting members of the public in danger of losing their lives, it only takes one person infected moving around that crowd to infect others, who in turn unwittingly infect others and there is good chance that their were several infected people amongst the gathered crowd.

14. AshtonRed

That’s your view, you’re entitled to it, others have a different view and are equally entitled to it. That was my point.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Others might have a different view about putting unsuspecting peoples lives in danger? really? wow.

16. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Yes they are entitled to a different "view", but if that is against the law of the land then they have to bear, and if necessary, accept the consequences of their actions. There seems to be many out there that can't comprehend that!!

Redprintt likes this.
  17. AshtonRed

The only way to totally isolate is if we all stay in doors. Eat out to help out for instance put far more people’s lives in danger, but was actually sanctioned by the government. It’s al a matter of balance, many firms insist staff go to work when they could work from home , again much more harmful than a small , one off vigil, I happen to agree it was insensitive but I accept others have a different view

18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you about Eat out to help, my son is a chef and told me even before it was enacted that it was a mistake and he was correct.

In a democracy you cannot pick and choose which laws that you observe and those that you have a different view about. The law is the law and in years past the police enacted those laws without fear or favour, a cornerstone of democracy in the UK. Sadly investigating without fear or favour started to erode with the way politicians, social workers and the police tried to cover up national scandals like Rochdale and Rotherham for fear of being labelled as racist, scandals that are still being swept under the carpet to this day, when they could and should have been the starting point for highlighting the terrible dangers that many females face on a daily basis.

Also perhaps had the UK police still been operating with the investigating without fear or favour, somebody like Prince Andrew would be being properly investigated another national scandal especially under the current circumstances.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  19. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

can you explain glib comment?

20. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

hope they didn't … whilst they congregated! :emoticon-0105-wink: