1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Comings and Goings January 2017

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 15, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The News Wires are saying that the Villa Hourihan deal is all but sorted and the price of £3m is being reported. KERCHING.................... That's a few grand that wasn't expected. Another 50 or so transfers and we might be able to afford Ronaldo's big toe on his left foot.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Steady on......the nail off his left big toe......maybe.

PS.......the nail off one of his little pinkies.....is more likely.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Craig Noone came on as a sub tonight during Cardiff's 1-0 defeat at Brighton.... also Rhys Healey as well both coming on in the 79th minute.....Matt Kennedy was also on the bench.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Is this another of Warnock's "I want to do something for Argyle" load of bollox once more? He has promised before and not deleivered anything.

Meanwhile I have now heard a grapevine type buzz that Hourihane is going for £5m. Everytime somebody mentions him his price goes up. I think the £3m is more of a chance than anything higher. I'd be happy with that at whatever percentage it is.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Aston Villa our in advanced talks with Barnsley regarding a £6 million joint offer for Hourihane and James Bree.....reported on Sky Sports.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I make that £5,999,999 for Hourihane and £1 for Bree then. Or buy one and get one Bree..........(boom boom)

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blimey sensible....it's to late for jokes like that....enough to put me off me cocoa.....we don't all lay in bed till mid-morning with our breakfast tray....I'll be up early in the morning....doing the washing-up and getting the laundry on the line before 7am and then making the bed once Mrs Plym has vacated it.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

What are you the bleddy Butler? I'm not sure what constitutes mid-morning in your house but in mine is about 10.30ish. Never have breakfast in bed, that's just lazy. I do the bacon and eggs plus toast but never the dishes or washing. I do iron and occasionally hoover. Yesterday I cleaned the windows on the ground floor. She won't help me with the ladder so upstairs has to wait until son is about. Apparently I might fall off. I do clear all the leaves and sycamore seed whirlie things that seem to all end up in my garden and around the path etc. I should send a bill to the Council as it's their bleddy trees. I go shopping when forced. That's normally when I run out of bottles of wine or beer. Or Jelly Babies and other sweets. That's enough work for anyone and besides if I get complaints I tell her I've retired. When she asks when her retirement will be I ask her when will she get her occupational pension. Answer is she won't so tough really, you can't retire without an occupational pension so she has to keep working. That's just life.:grin:

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Confirmation of James Bree joining Aston Villa (fee not disclosed)...but not as yet Hourihane ?

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Aston Villa have also signed an Icelandic midfielder for an undisclosed fee. The player (name is too difficult to type) played for Iceland in the 2016 Euros.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/25/birkir-signs

Having signed Henri Lamsbury from Forest less than a week ago, maybe they don't need Hourihane now.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Birkir Bjarnason midfielder....he sounds better than Hourihane and certainly far more experienced....member of the Icelandic team that crushed little England last year.

Henri Lansbury N Forest captain also a mid-fielder £2.75 million last week as notDistant mentioned.

Why would they want Hourihane as well ?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Oh well never mind. We hardly ever get a sell on anyway.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hold the front page.....news update on Hourihane. Sources confirm that there may have been a hijacking of the proposed Aston Villa transfer of Conor Hourihane. Crystal Palace are thought to be the likely culprits and news may well be imminent. Watch this space tomorrow for further updates.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Barnsley have already brought in Hourihane's replacement.....Leicester's Matty James on loan.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thursdays Daily Telegraph Sport.

'Aston Villa are set to complete the £1.5 million capture of Barnsley midfielder Conor Hourihane'.

Villa seem to be buying all the midfielders on the market....shame his value has gone down.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We have a new signing......Antoni Sarcevic a 6ft, 24 year old goal scoring midfielder.....left Shrewsbury a month ago by mutual agreement.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Shrewsbury's new manager Paul Hurst has been clearing out players that he doesn't want....making room for his style of players.

Hurst obviously didn't want Antoni Sarcevic.....who Shrewsbury brought in last summer.....fans have not been impressed with him, saying he was lazy and unfit and are happy that Hurst has got rid of him by mutual consent last December.

His previous record at Fleetwood was excellent...scoring 15 goal in a season....plus the winner in the play-off final......he also got in the Div2 team of the season.

I'm sure Adams has taken all that on board and feel he can get this lad playing again....now that would be great....he is of course a free agent...English born in Manchester..... of Italian/Serbian parents.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hourihane signs for Aston Villa.....transfer fee not disclosed.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The wires are abuzz with rumour on millions of millions but who cares. We get 20% for doing nothing more than having signed him previously and sold him on. Whatever we get is a bonus.

The new boy sounds ok to me. Not worked at Shrewsbury but was ok before that. Adams signs these sorts and gets them playing so I have no worries about whatever they did before.

20. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Think he could be a good signing- if anyone can get lazy and unfit players going then Adams can.

Whatever the Connor H fee is, it is certainly an unexpected (and un-budgeted) windfall. Could be good news all round.........