1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Comings and Goings Summer 2016

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 20, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I assume this is Derek Adams final piece of the jig-saw.....he said one more player....I'm surprised it's another striker....no league experience yet with Bristol C......just a few minutes against Wycombe W's in a Cup game earlier in the season.

Only till January so not sure how much game time he will be getting.....Brunt of course will be hoping for some match time by then...hopefully.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Hiram Boateng has been loaned by Palace to Bristol R......and Luke Croll to Exeter.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmmmm! A bit surprised as you say plym. Still not going to pre-judge and will wait and see.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Gone 11pm and it seems like hundreds of players moving or on loan......but no sign of Reuben Reid having a club.....although his agent said he had lots of options including from abroad.....is it because he cannot pass a fitness test ?.....to think he had an offer from Argyle but decided not to accept or was it his agent who said no......I assume his agent will keep him from the job centre and pay his bills for him.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He doesn't apply to the same rules being as he is without a club so is not a transfer. I do believe Adams didn't want to keep him so his offer on the table was one that was not in keeping with expectations. You can never believe anything an Agent says. The rumour mill says Reid failed several medicals but that is only rumour and not a fact that anyone knows. I read an interesting comment on him elsewhere. It said that now transfers were over and nobody could get any loans it might put Reid in a stronger not weaker position in that options if you need one were less. Reid is a proven goal scorer so who knows regarding a contract. I'm sure people will keep a weather eye on the subject and if anything stirs it will be online before you can blink.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

If he cannot pass a medical then surely he isn't in such a strong position......unless a club is really struggling or have a terrible injury list and take that gambol.....possibly get paid by the game......no play no pay.....which is a shame at his age.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Newport C are in talks with Reuben Reid and things seem to be leading to a possible contract......not quite what he was expecting in the summer....but as a free agent playing and hopefully proving what level of fitness he can achieve is now becoming important for his future career.....as long as he doesn't score a hat-trick against us of course.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I keep saying this about the Reid thing but I genuinely believe it. I think the contract he was offered was not very flattering. A lot lot less than he was on and less than even a club like Newport would pay. They can't have loads of cash so I can't see it being a couple of grand a week somehow which I would easily believe he had been on here. Having burnt his bridges here, and I don't particularly blame him for doing it, he is now in a position to more or less have to take a cut on previous wages and take what he can get. I do not believe the crap his agent was spouting about loads of clubs home and abroad forming a queue for him. I personally thank him for his time here but have to say I'm not sorry he has gone. It is hard for a Manager to leave him out of the side but he was seldom fit enough.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I suspect this makes the FIFA ranking system for international teams look accurate and meaningful. However, I'm sure it'll provoke some comment.

I'd point out that as the club has probably paid £0 for the squad, it's already saved enough money to buy Home Park and the whole of the shopping centre, excluding Drake's Circus. Admittedly the latter can also be purchased for £3.99 and the tops from two cornflake packets.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/ply...n-league-two/story-29679304-detail/story.html

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

For some reason I find that article quite funny. If anyone in Plymouth thinks any of those players would fetch that money quoted then cloud cookoo land is real as is yogi bear.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It's absolute s***e. Thought you'd be amused.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Newport County have said that talks with Reuben Reid are now over..... and that they are not taking their interest any further.

13. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Perhaps Truro will sign him ?!

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Exeter are on the verge of snapping up Reuben Reid on a free transfer.....and he could be playing on Saturday.....:huh:

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yes he is expected to sign tomorrow... Traitor!!

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's not a transfer he is a free agent. I hope he plays. Not fit for a start and no pre-season even. The man was never any good for us when he had those circumstances. This time I'm not bothered about an ex player.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just read the Beeb site where it says that Exeter are Argyle's biggest rivals. Oh no they aren't and probably never have been. Closest neighbours I'd go along with but we have spent hardly any time in the same league as them in history. Just another game for me.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He won't last the full match.. Let them have him, when he is fit he is a worry. Cant see him causing to much of a problem.. but he is a goalscorer .. :emoticon-0147-emo:

19. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Glad for his goals, but tbh he was a passenger for the last 12 months. Cant see him playing much on Sat, and cant see him setting Exeter alight. Pleased he has found a club but the fact that it is Exeter suggests that his medical condition is a long way from perfect!

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to reports he had a choice of many clubs. I think the fact he has ended up in Exeter pours a bit of doubt on that one doesn't it.